Author Topic: Who's Stuck Then?  (Read 5771 times)

Offline valleyboy

Who's Stuck Then?
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 09:48:32 AM »
Should have been out on the 19th, stuck, yes stuck painting the house !!, taking advantage of the week I have booked off work and the fine weather in the UK.

Still not the end of the World back out in June for a month (hopefully), good luck to all the people who are stranded, should all start moving now the bureaucrats have conveniently moved the goalposts, me bitter never !

Offline BM06

Who's Stuck Then?
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 10:44:08 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

You started celebrating early Kieth B and R Q and D[?]:D could be completely wrong and probably am ;)

:D:D

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 20:14:37 PM »
My sister in law was able to get on a plane at Dalaman pm today and is now back in sunny Glasgow :D

Offline twilliamssbt

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 20:39:42 PM »
Supposed to fly from Manchester on 15th.  Cancelled there, took to Gatwick and put up in a hotel for the flight next day to be cancelled too.  Then booked onto flight on Tues 20th, so stayed in wolves instead of returning to Lancs.  That was cancelled too, am now booked on a flight on 26th again from Gatwick, but have been able to move return flight back a week and luckily accomodation was still free for this extra time.

Just want to get there now, partners birthday is tomorrow, had a table booked and a cake ordered for him.  He is gutted he has to spend his birthday at work now.

Offline Julesp

Who's Stuck Then?
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 21:19:55 PM »
Tell him Happy Birthday from here. If its any consolation the weather was weird here today Sun Storms and Hailstones
quote:
Originally posted by twilliamssbt

Supposed to fly from Manchester on 15th.  Cancelled there, took to Gatwick and put up in a hotel for the flight next day to be cancelled too.  Then booked onto flight on Tues 20th, so stayed in wolves instead of returning to Lancs.  That was cancelled too, am now booked on a flight on 26th again from Gatwick, but have been able to move return flight back a week and luckily accomodation was still free for this extra time.

Just want to get there now, partners birthday is tomorrow, had a table booked and a cake ordered for him.  He is gutted he has to spend his birthday at work now.

Offline twilliamssbt

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 02:13:14 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Julesp

Tell him Happy Birthday from here. If its any consolation the weather was weird here today Sun Storms and Hailstones
quote:
Originally posted by twilliamssbt

I will do.

A meal here is nowt like a meal looking at that sunset though.

Usually we are in calis or on holiday for my birthday at the end of August, this was one year we were going early and would be there for his birthday.

I need to unpack his birthday cards too, they have been packed for a week now.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Who's Stuck Then?
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »
Our friends should have flown last Friday night to Leeds Bradford. Thomas cook put them up in the Olu Deniz resort Hotel. It sounds good but the hotel was overcrowded and the food etc not very good. It wasn't a pleasure to stay there. Last night they were picked up at 10.30 to fly home. They got to Dalaman and were told that the plane was still in England. Guess what now After 4 hours at the airport? They are at the Hilton in Dalaman still waiting. They are exhausted today and still don't know when they are going home.

Offline Super Fluff

Who's Stuck Then?
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 11:23:21 AM »
I was due to fly out on 20th April with my husband and parents, but flights automatically cancelled and refunded. Booked now for 3rd May but my parents have had to pay £120 more for their two weeks and the flight times are worse. They still wanted to go as all bags are packed and they need a holiday. We have had to pay more too. The battle starts now with Thomas Cook to match the prices we originally paid...

Offline peecee

Who's Stuck Then?
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 12:19:19 PM »
There is a thread on yahoo today as to whether passengers will be entitled to compensation (or not).  Haven't read it myself but might be worth a look.  also IATA website should give any indication.
If the airlines are claiming compensation from Governments/EU etc. then surely they should be paying it out?

Offline poppy50

Who's Stuck Then?
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 18:48:37 PM »
Hi

Just returned back to Manchester from Dalaman.  Should have returned 16th April 2010, however, got back in 21st April, 2010 at 11.30pm.  I can only speak for myself, Thomas Cook really looked after us.  They were the only ones at Dalaman airport who were organised and  having reps there to provide information. It was sweet music to our ears when they provided transport to Olu Denize Resort and an all inclusive package.  At no cost to the customer. Just what you wanted to hear.  We found the resort friendly and couldn't do enough for us.  Food was average and room for improvement.  However, salads were very good. The hotel seemed busy but not overcrowded. We did have a quiet room too.    

Four reps were with us the whole time, giving us as much information as they could.  The only downside was a 6 hour delay when we returned back to Dalaman airport on the 21st April. Should have gone at 2.30pm but had to wait for them to fly the plane out from Manchester.    Eventually taking off at 8.30pm.  

Previously seeing people upset and left to fend for themselves, it was good to be with Thomas Cook.  Well done TC :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf