Author Topic: Yess!!  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Yess!!
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 08:19:58 AM »
Under EU legislation TC have a duty of care to clients that are stranded in Turkey and cannot just abandon them.Even if they cancel these flights they still have to repatriate them. TC seem to be moving the goal posts whenever it suits them. I was supposed to fly with them on Monday to the UK and initially they told me that my flight was cancelled and then later it was not and they would endeavor to get me home. I emailed them and told them I was at home and I am visiting the UK. In between notices I booked another flight. Their latest notice above seems to indicate that I am now entitled to a refund. What the above notice means that they can reallocate flights to those people that are stranded. If you are on a specific flight and you have a confirmed booking then you have priority over those stranded. Cancel all flights with refunds means that they can ship out the stranded people who are costing them money first. In normal circumstance I have no problem with this but my mother is having a major operation and I need to get back to look after her.

Offline sooty

Yess!!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 11:29:14 AM »
Really confusing information on TC website, we were supposed to be flying last night from DLM to MAN it states on their site that your flight is cancelled and your card will be reimbursed.  Rang TC this morning and she has told me that we will be allocated seats as soon as the backlog of passsngers stranded from last week has been cleared so why does it say they are reimbursing our cards, does this just mean flights that were booked from the UK - they need to stipulate this all very confusing.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Yess!!
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 12:36:22 PM »
My daughter and young family are stuck in Barbados....should have flown home yesterday.  Now the best Virgin can get them all back on the same flight is 15th May!!!! That is another three weeks wait:-\They have split the family....two coming back on the 27th April and the other 3 on 5th May but still a pretty dismal effort even though they are stuck in Paradise

Offline sunnyd

Yess!!
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 13:07:28 PM »
I know people that have been stuck over here, and they heard from Thomas cook today, their flight back to the UK will leave Dalaman at 18.30 this evening.

Offline caza

Yess!!
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 19:21:42 PM »
my son had to get back urgently we went to tc office this morning in fethiye who said they couldnt give us any fixed date but if we were prepared to go to dalaman and wait it out we might get a standby ticket this we did and as a result he is winging his way back to the uk as i write this  we had to buy the seat tho but you can claim it back from your insurance --- apparently  -- fingers crossed  x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf