Author Topic: How many ?  (Read 5841 times)

Offline terrie

How many ?
« on: April 29, 2010, 16:54:51 PM »
Animal Aid would like to say a great big thank you to one of our helpers Maria.
Who has so kindly fostered 7 puppys along with there mummy.
The mummy is unable to produce enougth milk for all her baby due to her poor condition so Maria is going to help with feeding the mummy and puppys, you are one in a million.
Thank you.

Offline cheers

How many ?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 17:06:01 PM »
Well done Maria!!!
 :)

Offline miaspyro

How many ?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 19:22:12 PM »
Mum and pups sleeping soundly, have given mum a seperate bed and she seems to rest much better.  Managed to get some puppy milk, which mum finished off with relish so have left her a watered down bowl.  Mum who i have called Callie is really in poor condition she has some sores and has itchy skin, but hopefully this will improve as she recovers.  Any advice that anyone has will be gratefully received.  I just hope we can keep callie and co alive and well.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
How many ?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 19:24:43 PM »
I would skip the relish:D

Offline miaspyro

How many ?
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 19:46:26 PM »
Thanks Andy i will try to remember that lol

Offline june

How many ?
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 20:45:17 PM »
Andy...so sharp...you devil.:D

Maria, thats just lovely...so kind.....

June
xx

Offline suec

How many ?
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 11:40:31 AM »
What a lovely thing you are doing for these puppies and thier mummy.
Our puppy had sores and itchy skin and the vet told us her immune system was very low. It caused her to be very run down and sounds very much like Callie. It is heartbreaking to see.
The vet diagnosed a form of demodex which can make the dog feel unwell. The vet told us it would get much worse if not treated.
The problem with this illness is that it is passed on from mother to pups, not contagious to humans.
Treatment was not expensive but injections fortnightly are required plus bathing the dog in special chemical wash.
If Callie does have this she will be feeling very miserable and uncomfortable. It could also be the reason why she is not making enough milk for her puppies.
Our dog is like a different dog now she has been on treatment for the last 8 weeks and her recovery has been remarkable, she no longer has any sores and her fur is growing back nicely.
Hope this has been some use to you and I wish you well. If you need any help with with this please dont hesitate to e mail me. Sue
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:45:49 AM by suec »

Offline miaspyro

How many ?
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 07:34:06 AM »
just want to thank everyone for asking about mum and pups last night.  Fingers crossed very slowly mum is gaining strength, and puppies are doing fine, gonna get the vet to come and check her just to make sure there is nothing else i can do to make her more comfitable.  I know we are not out of the woods yet but every day i feel more hopeful.  On behalf of my mum (callie) and the seven dawfs, i would like to thank the A team for saving their lives.xx

Offline tytots

How many ?
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 18:02:20 PM »
Maria. Well done for your kindness to the poorly mum & her pups. What a lovely lady you are.

Offline busybee

How many ?
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 06:25:36 AM »
Yes I agree with the above comments Marie is a wonderful person, she helped me take my neighbours dog up the to sancturary in her car.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf