Author Topic: The Last Cross?  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
The Last Cross?
« on: May 06, 2010, 14:02:13 PM »
Have just returned from placing my cross in the appropriate box. I hope this is the last time I do this in a UK National Election. With some luck and a fair wind the next time I go to the ballot it will be to make my choice by writing 1, 2 and 3.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
The Last Cross?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 15:05:15 PM »
It would be good to see a fairer electoral system in the UK. It's long overdue.

I'd like to see the Lib Dems and the Greens have a greater say in government but not the BNP which would be the downside of a change in the system.

I was watching CNN yesterday and the mixed race reporter asked some git who he was voting for. He said the BNP and practically took out her eye when he jabbed her in the face with his finger to make the point.

He wants to see 'England' go back to the way it was 50 years ago. I expect he'd like to see the little woman back at the kitchen sink where she belongs too, after serving him his supper of course and probably without the right to vote either.

Uneducated little oik!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
The Last Cross?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 16:08:23 PM »
Nichola, my opinions correspond remarkably closely with your own.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
The Last Cross?
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 17:56:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nichola

It would be good to see a fairer electoral system in the UK. It's long overdue.

I'd like to see the Lib Dems and the Greens have a greater say in government but not the BNP which would be the downside of a change in the system.

I was watching CNN yesterday and the mixed race reporter asked some git who he was voting for. He said the BNP and practically took out her eye when he jabbed her in the face with his finger to make the point.

He wants to see 'England' go back to the way it was 50 years ago. I expect he'd like to see the little woman back at the kitchen sink where she belongs too, after serving him his supper of course and probably without the right to vote either.

Uneducated little oik!

I think Gordon got it right when he said Bigot!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
The Last Cross?
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 21:08:11 PM »
Me too...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf