Author Topic: Anyone remember the 4TL Efes??  (Read 22229 times)

Offline Bluwise

Anyone remember the 4TL Efes??
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2010, 20:07:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Toky

Oh Bluwise.....I cannot stop laughing. In Scotland when your bowels move it is known as a jobbie!!! I could not imagine cooking one of those on a raclette!!!!!!! PMSL
 :o
P.S
sent from a Turkish computer hence time differnce on posting

Oh NO.....now I am in hysterics too....:D:D

Offline Woodies

« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2010, 22:41:44 PM »
Why oh why is some peoples only concern, the damned price of Efes? I guarantee they are the expats who retired to Turkey, not for the beautiful surroundings, friendly people, or fanatstic views, but just because they could live cheaply, and Efes was sold at an almost giveaway price. Never mind that they have had the good times of 30% (and more) return on their savings,bought their properties for a fraction of prices in the UK, and their everyday costs were minimal. Now that Turkey is joining the rest of Europe in you having to pay the going rate (in Turkey) for food, services, and general living costs, they whine about the price of Efes!! Are they going to sell their properties and return to the UK, where a pint of any beer in London, is on average £3 or more, my council tax is £1800 per annum, and where you get a return on your savings of 3% if your lucky? Are they heck as like!! They will simply sit in their chosen bar and reminisce(whine to the rest of us) of the good times of Efes at 2tl. So very,very sad.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2010, 23:18:24 PM »
Perfect Woodies, superbly written.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2010, 01:03:51 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Woodies

Why oh why is some peoples only concern, the damned price of Efes? I guarantee they are the expats who retired to Turkey, not for the beautiful surroundings, friendly people, or fanatstic views, but just because they could live cheaply, and Efes was sold at an almost giveaway price. Never mind that they have had the good times of 30% (and more) return on their savings,bought their properties for a fraction of prices in the UK, and their everyday costs were minimal. Now that Turkey is joining the rest of Europe in you having to pay the going rate (in Turkey) for food, services, and general living costs, they whine about the price of Efes!! Are they going to sell their properties and return to the UK, where a pint of any beer in London, is on average £3 or more, my council tax is £1800 per annum, and where you get a return on your savings of 3% if your lucky? Are they heck as like!! They will simply sit in their chosen bar and reminisce(whine to the rest of us) of the good times of Efes at 2tl. So very,very sad.

You are wrong! I'm not retired or ex-pat. Just someone who does not want ripping off on the pretext that Efes goes up in price to pay for a nice beach!

Prices go up - I can live with that but saying it's to make the beach nicer is an insult to my intelligence. I know you didn't say that but it has been muted as the real reason for the price of Efes on the promenade.

By the way - a pint of Tetley's Bitter in my local on York is £2.10 a pint - abut the same as 500ml of Efes in Calis based on 4ytl a bottle. The pub is good. The toilets are clean and I'm sure if they had a beach it would be spot on as well.

The bottom line is that when I go on holiday I expect not to be ripped off. If I think I am then I will not go back. If I have a house there (as I do in Calis) I will simply seek out places that do not try to rip me off.

Still looking forward to my Efes in two weeks time ;)

Offline boby

« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2010, 23:24:36 PM »
i think 4 lira is good price for efes

Offline lisa marie xx

« Reply #135 on: July 04, 2010, 12:47:24 PM »
Rodeo Bar is selling Efes for 3tl everyday 10am - 22pm then 4tl after 10pm! i agree Boby i think 4tl is a good price.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2010, 13:21:24 PM »
there is a bar a side of Aydin Pide, Nargile bar advertising large beer 2.5tl, don't know what brand
Mark

Offline farmer

« Reply #137 on: July 04, 2010, 22:24:11 PM »
Lisa Marie.
When is 22pm?

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2010, 02:59:49 AM »
just after 21pm

Offline milliemars

« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2010, 09:37:12 AM »
Ovacik prices are between 3tl and 4tl 3.50 seems tio be the most popular price for the area.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf