Author Topic: Passport Panic  (Read 2271 times)

Offline laus211

Passport Panic
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 16:26:17 PM »
Thanks for the replies.
I know that several countries do apply the six month validity but what I was trying to say was that it did not seem to be widely advertised on this website otherwise I would have been aware of it and been able to apply for my son's passport in the usual fashion and save both time and money, not to mention stress (no blame to the website, its very informative - just a comment). It may well be a topic that has been brought up and I've just not researched it as it never occurred to me that Turkey was in the 6 month category.
As I said, never mind - a lesson learned, will get up to Glasgow on Monday and get it within the week.
Cheers
Laura x

Offline milliemars

Passport Panic
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 16:36:01 PM »
Done mine through the post office last year and was back in a week,the post office do all the checking etc.

Offline laus211

Passport Panic
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 17:00:06 PM »
Hi Millie

Everyone has been telling me that of course it would be back within two weeks but being a huge panicker I really would have been stressed not knowing exactly when it would be back.

So to keep me sane (and probably my marriage intact!!) it is probably best for me to pay the extra for it, but thanks for the advice.
Cheers
Laura x

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Passport Panic
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 19:12:12 PM »
Hope you get it sorted soon then you can get down to the business of looking forward to your hols 8)

I applied for one during the passport strike/go slow of ten or so years ago.Due to fly on the thursday and the week before I spent all day on hold.  Eventually faxed them and told them I needed it for the Tuesday. It arrived on the saturday.

I have nightmares about it yet!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 19:16:11 PM by heather07 »

Offline kizkucuk

Passport Panic
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 10:54:43 AM »
I travelled from Gatwick with Easy Jet in May 2009 - there was a man who had less than 6 months left on his passport and they refused to let him board.  Check in staff had not said a word but at the gate he was turned back - felt so sorry for him - he was on a stag week with friends heading for Marmaris.

Offline milliemars

Passport Panic
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 11:14:04 AM »
Your welcome laura hope all goes well for you ................

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Passport Panic
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 14:27:36 PM »
The other point here is that a 90 day visa cannot be applied if the passport is due to expire within the period of the visa

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf