Author Topic: KTHY Flights suspended  (Read 23290 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2010, 09:59:42 AM »
Looking bad from Stansted too I'm afraid

10:15     YK934      IZMIR      CANCELLED

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2010, 10:11:24 AM »
Oh well we live in hope ;) it's not over till the fat lady sings as they say lol :)

Offline Linda

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2010, 12:18:31 PM »
Not looking good at all!!

Bad News:

Turkish airlines company, Atlas-Jet has announced that it has decided to halt the talks on signing a partnership agreement with Cyprus Turkish Airlines which is experiencing financial problems. "It is crystal clear that it will not be possible for us to strike a deal with one-sided good will at a time when workers do not stand in solidarity with us, as such a crisis can only be overcome through cooperation of workers and administrators" the statement issued from the Airlines said.

Meanwhile, the acting-Director of CTA Selim Altincik has resigned from his post.
Separately, some trade unions have held an action in Lefkosa to protest the latest developments concerning CTA.
The action was held in front of Martyrs' Monument near the Republic's Assembly.
Buran Atakan, the President of the Hava-Sen union, which represents CTA workers, and representatives of four other unions presented a letter to the Turkish Embassy for Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
In the letter, the unions call on Turkey's Civil Aviation Authority to renew air operator certificate to Cyprus Turkish Airlines.
The Civil Aviation Authority suspended CTA's air operator certificate last Tuesday.

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2010, 12:28:22 PM »
kthy has also lost all their flying slots at all uk airports:(

Offline lewis.wensley

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2010, 16:48:34 PM »
update!!!! no flights in/out of dalaman this weekend with kthy/atlas...
contact london office and they will email you a form which you fill in and email back to get a refund...!
if unsucsesful, contact your credit card company for a rufund, as you may be covered that way...
if you are flying this weekend you need to book onto/with another airline...
jo

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2010, 19:35:02 PM »
oh this is not good! Jo, thanks for the update...I dont hold much hope on a refund....I can only live in hope that a buyer comes in and gets it sorted before 24th July!!! Not sure if I could afford the cost of four new flights now in July/August...looks like I might be holidaying in good old blighty again!!!!

Offline julesbob0303

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2010, 20:00:56 PM »
I'm beginning to worry big-time about our flights now.  We're not due to fly until 30th July, but we're flying out of Gatwick, a three hour train journey for us.  We've already booked a Travelodge and plan to travel to London the evening before.  We chose this option rather than have to park our car for a month in Gatwick.  Extortionate!!

As things are looking pretty dire with kthy, I've just rang our credit card company and asked what we should do if these flights are eventually cancelled.  I have always booked our flights on our credit card as I believed there to be some sort of an insurance whereby you can claim the money back in circumstances such as this.

Not so - they have just told me that there is no such cover.  I can lodge a claim with their Head Office by sending a statement with the transactions highlighted and it's then at their discretion exactly how they deal with it.  If I haven't got the statement showing these transactions (probably not - I booked these flights 9 months ago), it will cost us another £3 for each page, and they are still under no obligation to pay up for the cancelled flights.   They said that the flight company should do this.

Things are getting worse and worse - just checked flythomascook, and their flights have rocketed for the school holidays.  There is about £100 extra on each return flight from a few days ago.  Typical - cashing in on people's misfortune.  Yes, I know that's business, but how unfair!!

I can re-book some half decent flights with Easyjet, but these will cost us over £900 for the three of us, compared to the £420 I'd originally paid for the kthy flights.  A very expensive holiday if we can then not claim back for the original flights.  Plus the hotel, food etc already booked and paid for.  Again at a bargain price as we booked so early, but still another loss for us.

:(:(:(  Feeling really fed up now.  :(:(:(

Offline blueclad

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2010, 20:28:31 PM »
Just emailed you Julie

Offline julesbob0303

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 20:33:53 PM »
Thanks Ron.  Have replied, and I'll certainly look into the points you made.  Speak soon x

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 22:23:46 PM »
I know this is just horrible :(i have just booked with flythomascook as I really dont trust the situation anymore I guess my only saving grace is that mine was booked with kthy for a one way trip only.Im calling our credit card company tomorrow and see what they have to say. :-\

If the worst does come I think that parents should speak to the school explain the situation and if you can afford to book earlier flights I think schools will be ok in a situation like this :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf