Author Topic: Why England MUST do it Tomorrow  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Why England MUST do it Tomorrow
« on: June 27, 2010, 00:21:42 AM »
It's nothing to do with starting World wars or towels on sunbeds. It isn't for me about revenge for 1990 or 1996. I never saw my country play as well as they did in 1990 (like 2010 hopefully, they played so well but it was "eventually") and I was there to cheer them home in Luton. I saw Gareth Southgate as a hero for stepping up in '96 when so many didn't. Minutes after that, the image came that I need to deal with

England must do it for one reason only for me. The image I need to deal with. I can't forget the smug pose of Andreas Moller, who's penalty followed Southgate's and put England out. After a fairly dismal run around in a private and particularly small circle he strikes a smug hand on hips "look at how great I just was" pose for the German fans, as we all wanted the ground to swallow us up.

So, I just hope that Andreas Moller is watching tomorrow from his Barratsteiner home in Bavariachester, watching his team getting stuffed :D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 09:42:40 AM »
Me too  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:59:38 AM »
GOOD LUCK ENGLAND.

I hope the best team win and that it does not go down to penalties. England have 5 top men from the spot but who's to say that the weight of expectation would not affect them again.

Offline BM06

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 10:59:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

It's nothing to do with starting World wars or towels on sunbeds. It isn't for me about revenge for 1990 or 1996. I never saw my country play as well as they did in 1990 (like 2010 hopefully, they played so well but it was "eventually") and I was there to cheer them home in Luton. I saw Gareth Southgate as a hero for stepping up in '96 when so many didn't. Minutes after that, the image came that I need to deal with

England must do it for one reason only for me. The image I need to deal with. I can't forget the smug pose of Andreas Moller, who's penalty followed Southgate's and put England out. After a fairly dismal run around in a private and particularly small circle he strikes a smug hand on hips "look at how great I just was" pose for the German fans, as we all wanted the ground to swallow us up.

So, I just hope that Andreas Moller is watching tomorrow from his Barratsteiner home in Bavariachester, watching his team getting stuffed :D

Eloquently put, ;) me to, come on England:D

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 11:18:40 AM »
Just popped back to see if its working, (only just),anyway Come on ENGLAND, you WILL do it, cushions washed ready to chew on.:P

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 11:54:34 AM »
I want Lampard (first) - followed by Rooney and Gerrard then closely by most of the others to make me eat my words.

To date I have yet to see a comprehensive team performance from these players at the same time - come on boys prove me wrong!!!!!

Please don't play SWP or Lennon - who only know how to run into traffic and not around it - I am not a great Joe Cole fan - but lets put some guile in the team - with some steel (Upson and Terry) in defence - and Wayne.........

You are world class - you look like you believe you have to do it all on your own - every time - and the pressure is too much for you - this is not Man Utd - playing you when you are not fit - trust your colleagues - pass it occasionally - please!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:55:38 AM by Ian »

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 12:48:59 PM »

Come on you Lions

The bars will be heaving in Calis i'm sure  8)

As Mrs B missed seeing Upsons tackle in the last game maybe he could repeat it with us 2-1 up with seconds to go......  8)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 13:33:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by badger

As Mrs B missed seeing Upsons tackle in the last game

:o:D :o

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 13:42:15 PM »
Getting a bit nervous now, imagine what the players are feeling,went the asda earlier, and the car park was chocker, there is a good feeling in the air, and i'm having some.
dont wanna see SWP on the pitch though,but in the same token I dont mind eating my words if he comes on and scores,:P

Offline dycedon

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 14:12:22 PM »
been getting stick out here for the jocks not being there, i think engerland will do it but if not i will have great delight in giving it to my english workmates out here and if they do win, im throwing myself over the side, me and about another 90 jocks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf