Author Topic: Why England MUST do it Tomorrow  (Read 3297 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Why England MUST do it Tomorrow
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 16:48:39 PM »
Yes it was a terrible decision.

But lets be honest the better team won and England were truly appalling. It could well have been all over at 4 - 0 before the half hour.

Terry, Rooney, Gerrard and others need to ask themselves some serious questions about their performances.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 18:09:55 PM »
The England World Cup Squad visited an orphanage in South Africa this morning

"Its so great to put a smile upon the face of those who have no hope,and no prospects for the future"

Said ...............

Thambo Mzuli aged 6

Ron

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 23:22:47 PM »
Absolutely terrible performance. Abslolutely terrible decision by the ref. The two are isolated. Hopefully England will do something to sort the squad for when they are next required to represent the country.:(
Hopefully FIFA will sort out camera footage to be used in decision making in future.:(

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 06:12:16 AM »
Not one to gloat, but as my previous posts said do we really think we deaserve to win a world cup when we cant even beat algeria, u.s.a,.Yes the ball was at least 2 foot over the line so it was a goal, but 44 years ago as tv and video footage has proved hurst,s goal never crossed the line, so lets stop this crap that this cost us the match. the reality is we have been rubbish in the whole tournament, and as for ( who ate all the pies) ROONEY my god we may have as well played MICKEY ROONEY. nothing wrong with being Patriotic but lets not be Idiotic. WE WERE CRAP.

Offline calvin 1949

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 06:35:54 AM »
Yes but we were consistant!!  Crap in every game!!!!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 09:22:42 AM »
Yes we were crap BUT - goals can change games and I really think if we had gone in 2-2 then the second half would have been a different story. We got caught twice because we were chasing the game when at 2-2 we would not have had to do so.

Still crap though and the Italian has to go.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 09:54:34 AM »
That may well be true.

But England were only a goal down with still a quarter of the game to go when there so badly caught out by the third German goal.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 10:03:17 AM »
I agree H and Lampard has come out and said they were naive and pushed too hard second half. However they did hit the bar early on and were trying to build a head of steam. Very very naive defending though for both second half goals.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 15:46:28 PM »
Sorry I disagree Stoop  :-)... there are always decisions in football that go against, unjust penalties..red cards that shouldnt be, equally red cards that should,,, disallowed goals etc... before half time or in the last few minutes of games, it happens. The second half the germans were masterful in defence, efficient, and as germans.. thouroughly did their homework on us, we were outplayed and in my opinion,we were crap in all four matches, so even at 2-2  I would wager we would have still lost it playing as we did in the second half.
On a different note, Hisaronu sank to a new level :-(   walking back to my apartment up Bar street there were two popular bars who on there large signboards out side changed the wording ( after we lost )  England  v Germany  1700 hrs   to  England v F*****G  Germany ( and it was the letters not asterisks !!!   ) Totally disgusting I thought, accept the defeat with dignity, there was no need for that !!! obviously the turkish bar persons were extremly peeved who wrote that cos of all the revenue they will lose at their  bars  now we are out of it !!! with those comments hope those two bars go bust.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 17:37:14 PM »
Sadly I was right - the man next to me at the Zukkum summed it up perfectly "they are younger, fitter, faster and want it more" - I replied "sounds like an advert for a new wife" :D

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

I want Lampard (first) - followed by Rooney and Gerrard then closely by most of the others to make me eat my words.

To date I have yet to see a comprehensive team performance from these players at the same time - come on boys prove me wrong!!!!!

Please don't play SWP or Lennon - who only know how to run into traffic and not around it - I am not a great Joe Cole fan - but lets put some guile in the team - with some steel (Upson and Terry) in defence - and Wayne.........

You are world class - you look like you believe you have to do it all on your own - every time - and the pressure is too much for you - this is not Man Utd - playing you when you are not fit - trust your colleagues - pass it occasionally - please!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf