Author Topic: Germany v Argentina  (Read 2549 times)

Offline saoirse

Germany v Argentina
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 17:34:22 PM »
Thats an excellent point Keith cos on paper it could be argued (taking experience into account too) that England should be every bit as good as Germany and better.

Alas, discipline, guts and organization wise theres a gulf between them.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Germany v Argentina
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 17:46:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by saoirse

A real lesson that organization, discipline and balls can overcome greater skill.

I don't think there was a huge gulf in the skill levels of the two teams today. :)

Offline riceman

Germany v Argentina
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 17:46:44 PM »
we will never be as good as the  germans cos  we  dont  wear the shirt with  pride, and  have  no  passion in our  game,  overpaid  prima  donnas.

Offline saoirse

Germany v Argentina
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 17:50:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

quote:
Originally posted by saoirse

A real lesson that organization, discipline and balls can overcome greater skill.

I don't think there was a huge gulf in the skill levels of the two teams today. :)

On the day Highlander certainly the Argentinians didnt play to their full potential but theres no doubt that the players they have are individually a lot better than the Germans as well as much more experienced.

Offline maximumtom

Germany v Argentina
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 19:41:14 PM »
There was a spell from about 30 mins to 60 mins when Argentina were on top. During this period, the Germans couldn't hold onto the ball and it was like watching England play; so they are vunerable under pressure. They did well to keep a clean sheet during this period. Overall though, they were excellent and it was a pleasure to watch how they worked as a team.  How can you get England to play the same way ? I don't think you can without restructuring the whole of society to think less about themselves and more of others. Also, more attention needs to be paid to the art of concentration in schools. The fad to make everything interesting is a nonsense.  Some things are just boring and you just have to knuckle down and concentrate.  I always reckoned that Gary Neville would have been the best fullback in the world if he had been allowed to hang flashing lights, bells and whistles on the opposing forwards.

Offline maximumtom

Germany v Argentina
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 20:19:23 PM »
One thing I forgot to say: it was refreshing to see the Germans get up and get on with it when they were fouled.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Germany v Argentina
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 10:09:41 AM »
Nice to see Maradonna almost crying towards the end of the game. All I was waiting for was a big hand from God to come down and slap him on the face  :)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Germany v Argentina
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 17:20:56 PM »
cant see why you,re knocking maradona, you will never see an england player fit to lace his boots .

Offline maximumtom

Germany v Argentina
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 17:34:14 PM »
Gary Lineker never had a yellow card; he was not a cheat. Maradonna goes down in history as a cheat and a drug adict despite having the advantage of being ( possibly) the best footballer ever and you think Lineker is not fit to lace his boots. Personally. I admire Lineker more.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Germany v Argentina
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 18:17:25 PM »
They are coming out of recession quicker - it is any wonder with that sort of team spirit??????

Even though some get the headlines it was a team performance.

I thought Lahm was superb and I did think he was over-rated before the tournament started.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf