Author Topic: Things we saw, Things we missed[ The Twins]  (Read 1923 times)

Offline blueclad

Things we saw, Things we missed[ The Twins]
« on: July 18, 2010, 19:36:34 PM »
Reflecting today with friends re our recent chill out holiday in Calis recently of the things we saw and missed several main things stood out.

Trade in the various trinket shops along the road to the bridge  looked very poor hardly a soul in them , Eddie in the silver shop whom we chatted to also said he was doing hardly any trade  fingers crossed for his cos he is a very nice chappie.
The  beach looked better more brollies / sunbeds and lots of people on the beach more than we have ever seen  , the clean up made a big difference likewise the new deck area and wooden boards on the concrete wall to sit upon every so often,.council staff emptying the bins often , and the pots on the beach, worst offenders of litter that we saw were the Germans  around the Mulhan hotel

The rear of the prom road has had a revamp block paviors trees flowers being done , and the ugly add ons to the rear of the buildings all gone, looks smarter  with car park bays.

The area along the track from the end of the prom , well worth the walk has had nice changes, new bars on the head wall area, 2 new nomad type tents have been built and at the end of the track  Guvens bar area is real smart, well done carol / guven hope you have a great season .
 [ pity about the kitchen shack  of ply boards /pallets with raw meat on a board, raw chickens in a bin  , the tree trunk used to cut up bread and the pile of turkish dough for the complementy garlic starters being made, and left in the open ] ready to be eaten once cooked  by the dinners who were sitting on the green chairs in the one on the beach at the end of the prom.we will not name it but look yourself

We found a brill proper Turkish food place in a garden of a little house opposite the Bezay hotel prices were very cheap and the food excellent[ no rice-n-chips there] well worth finding, Lots of eaters there when we visited it several times, but very good service and big portions.

The main thing we missed whilst on holiday was  THE TWINS  where are they?????.
for many years we always had sit down  chats with them ,bought fresh fruit and the fresh chilled whole orange drink they did  last year @ 2 tl was brill, the supermarket staff did not wish to say where they had gone just said they gone.

were back in september and if anyone knows where they are can the advise us please.

Ron & 0lga

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 21:01:48 PM »
Glad you had a good hol Ron and Olga what a shame about the twins two nice chaps there, although when we were there in May the staff were all nice and now trying to think back I can not remember wether we saw the twins or not! The food place opposite the Bezay was it called Amber Pide or something like that, just that we had a pide from there back in May and it was very good I meant to post about it on here but forgot and your post has just jogged my brain!

Offline Kazzie

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 21:33:06 PM »
i will have to look for that little place when i'm there next month sounds like my kind of place. i haven't been to calis for 10 years so it should be fun finding anything. lol

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 22:04:26 PM »
Twins have sold up.  We asked about them in May and we where told they have gone.
I would also hope that business will improve as the English school holidays have now started.  However, we were told by a lot of Turkish business owners that the English had no money and where not spending this year.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 22:21:14 PM »
I walked down the prom one lunchtime and even the usual suspects were pretty empty. Two or three tables at best all the way along the front. After checking my emails I headed off to meet the family, two of which had decided they wanted a chicken doner wrap for lunch so I suggested we headed for Gunislik (or to some of us, Frank Cannon's :D] ) and blow me, we got the last remaining table - it was packed!

There's a moral to that story I think  :)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 23:18:20 PM »
Where is Bezay Hotel? I can't recall ever seeing it

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 22:21:35 PM »
The Bezay is on the opposite side of the road from the Mellissa supermarket and then down one of the little side roads near to there, sorry not brilliant with directions!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 23:06:05 PM »
thanks Karennina but I'm still none the wiser lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf