Author Topic: Calis Beach Over-rated?  (Read 16219 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2010, 11:41:37 AM »
Agreed Anne, I know of no other resort who has this claim to fame!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2010, 11:51:27 AM »
Our unhappy holidaymaker has (since his last post):

Demanded to have his membership cancelled
Sent me a "statement" to post on his behalf
Accused me of not allowing free speech because I didn't post it
Accused me of cyberbullying for publishing details of his IP/employer
Tried to join CBF using (I assume) his partner's email address
Threatened that his statement will be posted "on your site and many others"

I will not remove him or his posts, it makes reading topics he has posted in impossible. I have removed his ability to post and that won't change. Accusing Des of being a sexual predator may be funny to him but it is not acceptable behaviour here. I have emailed him to say so and asked him to stop emailing me and attempting to join the forum. I also copied that email to one of the bosses of his company.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2010, 11:58:55 AM »
Don't know why this guy is surprised at all the reactions when he comes on a Forum dedicated to Calis and slags it off, and what does he expect the person running the Forum to do? sit back and take it?  Don't worry Scunner he will soon be forgotten.
Also message for Des:
Glasgow is a lovely place, and not all like the "Rab C.Nesbitt" land on T.V.  It has fabulous museums and art galleries wonderful shopping and very warm friend people who have a great sense of humour.   I remember being in the Barras years ago buying something from a stall and the guy asked where I was from,  when I told him Liverpool,  he said.. You are just like us.  I often think that's  true as my friend and neighbour is from Glasgow and we have exactly the same sense of humour and we get on so well.
Des, you should give Glasgow a try sometime, you would be surprised.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2010, 12:02:39 PM »
It also amazes me that people demand to be removed then when they are, they try everything possible to break back in!

Agreed on Glasgow, it's buzzing these days and spotlessly clean.

Offline SteveJ

Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2010, 12:19:06 PM »
We were in Glasgow at the weekend to see Rod Stewart at the SECC. Wonderful concert for everyone except the two numpties who were sitting in front of us arguing with another couple who had tickets for the seats that they were sitting in. Evetunally a steward was called to settle the dispute and the red faced couple had to leave when it was pointed out to them that they were holding tickets for the previous nights concert:D

I hadn't been to Glasgow for about 20 years but was amazed at the improvements that have been made. Looking forward to another visit soon to "hit the shops", every one of which seemed to be having a 70% sale.

Offline mrkeith

Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2010, 12:22:52 PM »
I worked in Bellshill back in the early 80's and didn't return to the area till last year when I was passing through, but from what I saw it was a vast improvement with plenty new build going on.
I have spent a fare bit of time working in Scotland Aberdeen and Dundee mainly and apart from the odd eejit you get in all towns found the place as good as anywhere, infact there is not many places as good as Union street in the Don on a week end.
Çaliş my not be the best place in the world but there isn't anything terrible wrong with the place that I saw.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:25:17 PM by mrkeith »

Offline Julesp

Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2010, 13:38:43 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I'm thinking...7000 members, many resident (or permanent tourist  ;) ) for a number of years, others holidaying once, twice or more each year for countless years and others who have only recently discovered the resort...

Honestly, in all the evenings out in Calis, has anyone ever, even once, had a menu snatched back from them and a replacement "tourist" one with much higher prices given instead? If you believe you have please be honest and post, I'm genuinely interested!

Its never happened to me in Calis but elsewhere it has Cafe Penguin in Fethiye for one used to have 2 menus Not so much a price difference but 1 for English tastes one for Turkish,
 But the biggest rip off was in a place I dont know the name of, somewhere on the Antalya to Kalkan coast road, I was handed a menu in English all priced in Euros, as I live on Lires and didnt want to convert from Euro I asked if they had a menu priced in Lira, well, after a lot of fuss and a " Are you sure you can read Turkish Menu?" I was given the Turk menu, notably at a rough estimate the Turk menu was around two thirds of the euro price, ie soup 4 tl or 3 euro.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2010, 13:47:43 PM »
Thanks for message Jacqui,been to Glasgow several times and met lots of friendly people, was never called a pervert though.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2010, 15:15:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Our unhappy holidaymaker has (since his last post):

Accusing Des of being a sexual predator may be funny to him but it is not acceptable behaviour here. I have emailed him to say so and asked him to stop emailing me and attempting to join the forum. I also copied that email to one of the bosses of his company.

That'll teach him! Way to go Scunner:D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Calis Beach Over-rated?
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2010, 15:16:35 PM »
We tend to get one every couple of years. Just a sad man who has probably been overcharged for his Efes once and can't let it go  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf