Author Topic: Pegasus Air  (Read 8955 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Pegasus Air
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2010, 09:36:26 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny1

I love Pegasus! Left on time, only 56 people on so 3 seats to myself again!! Yay!!!  8)

I hope they can sustain a service with that amount of people on a 4.5 hour flight.

If you think about it - let's say they get £250 return (over the top I think). That makes it £125 per person x 56 = £7,000 for a 4.5 hour flight, paying the pilot and his crew plus ground staff, fuel, landing charges etc etc.

Not a lot when you think about it and no wonder some airlines are struggling.

Great if you are on the flight though ;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:36:59 AM by stoop »

Offline Jenny1

Pegasus Air
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2010, 08:31:11 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny1

I love Pegasus! Left on time, only 56 people on so 3 seats to myself again!! Yay!!!  8)

I now HATE Pegasus!
I arrived at airport for my 8.30am flight and guess what? No flight!
Slight panic set in-info desk confirmed that I was correct-no flight, but found me various numbers for Pegasus at airport and their sales dept, which were useless to me  as it was 4.45am and nobody answering!
I went in search for ANY rep, thinking I may be able to buy a seat on the 7.15 Onur flight, no rep. At that point I sat down and cried!
Kenkay then walked in as he was travelling on the Onur flight, we found the H4U rep who advised he was 99% sure there would be a spare seat. I had to wait until 6.45 to make sure that person didnt turn up. BIG thanks to Ken keeping me company while I
waited!
Was then told I couldn't use card to pay for flight so had to go outside to cash machine, wouldnt give me cash as I had drew put my daily maximum to pay for hotel that day!
Back in airport up the esc and through scanners again, really getting peed off now, Ken to rescue paid for my ticket until I arrived at Mcr and was able to draw money out!  
So had to pay £200 for my flight but at least I was getting home!
What I want to know is, where were all the other people who should have been on that flight?
Why was I not contacted? They have  my number, and my email address as they send me offers every week?
I know I probably should have contacted them for confirmation, but to be honest it never entered my head? I have bought a seat on their flight, if it was no longer available surely it is their responsibiity to let me know? Incidentally I have read through all my documentation and nowhere does it state I have to call them to confirm?
Will have to wait to receive my receipt from H4U and try to claim flight money back. Will i have claim from Pegasus or travel INS?  If Pegasus, think I will give up now as it takes 4 weeks to answer an email?
Think I will give up on Turkey, it's a jinx to me, was delayed 5 hours in Oct and again in June with T/C and now this!
BIG thanks again to Ken, I owe you lots of Efes next time!!!!    

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:39:39 AM by Jenny1 »

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Pegasus Air
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2010, 08:41:47 AM »
Sorry to hear that Jenny it is truly dreadful on Pegasus's part, they really need to sort themselves out and stop doing this to people.Thank goodness that Ken turned up and helped you out. I personally would not let Pegasus get away with this to not let you know is a disgrace I would keep on and on until I got a refund for the new flight you paid out for and also a refund for the return flight with Pegasus that did not materialise.Good luck.

Offline Jenny1

Pegasus Air
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2010, 08:47:07 AM »
Originally posted by Karennina

Sorry to hear that Jenny it is truly dreadful on Pegasus's part, they really need to sort themselves out and stop doing this to people.Thank goodness that Ken turned up and helped you out. I personally would not let Pegasus get away with this to not let you know is a disgrace I would keep on and on until I got a refund for the new flight you paid out for and also a refund for the return flight with Pegasus that did not materialise.Good luck.
[/quot

Thanks Karen, just hassle you don't need when coming back of hols isn't it?
Definately had no calls as my phone stores missed calls etc for months!
Oh well, good job I love Turkey or it would really put me off, Easyjet here I come!!  :)

Offline Bluwise

Pegasus Air
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2010, 10:15:59 AM »
What a dreadful experience Jenny - how fortunate you had some support from Ken - the people on this forum are truly amazing.

We were in a similar situation last week when our Jet2 flight home from Majorca was cancelled and re-arranged for a day and a half later - the panic trying to sort car hire etc and to top it all we had taken our 3yr old grandaughter away for the first time and to be delayed bringing her home was awful for her Mum and Dad.  
On the plus side, Jet2 text and emailed me to advise in good time and also arranged accomm for the extra night - not a bad airline and fly to Dalaman as far as I know - cheap rates if you book early.

Offline calvin 1949

Pegasus Air
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2010, 10:28:51 AM »
Try contacting AUC complaints ,if you do not get any response from Pegasus,I am using them after Thomas Cook bumped me off a flight early on in the Year

Offline Jenny1

Pegasus Air
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2010, 11:11:12 AM »
Thanks Sue, must be a log more worrying when you have little ones with you?
Calvin, who are AUC? I have never heard of them, are you getting anywhere with your complaint?

Offline calvin 1949

Pegasus Air
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2010, 11:22:49 AM »
AUC are the Airport Users Council, after I had no joy with T C they have taken my case on board and advised them to pay me compensation ,still waiting for T C response .if you Google AUC you will find their website ,hope this helps. Calvin

Offline Jenny1

Pegasus Air
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2010, 12:03:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by calvin 1949

AUC are the Airport Users Council, after I had no joy with T C they have taken my case on board and advised them to pay me compensation ,still waiting for T C response .if you Google AUC you will find their website ,hope this helps. Calvin

Hi Calvin
I have looked on there website and it says something to the effect of they won't take on case if it's regarding a flight coming from a non EU country, but it says I can call them for advice, I will call them tomorrow Calvin, thanks

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Pegasus Air
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2010, 21:58:03 PM »
Another galling thing is that there was not even a cancelled Pegasus flight showing on the board. Just a big gap fom 07:15 til 11:30. How long had they known and why had they not informed Jenny. They had her e mail and she had her i phone [:(!]
Jenny. I know it's no consolation but (as I had a laptop, and he didn't) I booked a one way TC flight to Manchester for a neighbour at Violet - £208.00 [:(!]
Oh and you don't owe me anything, just glad I could help a damsel in distress  :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 22:07:48 PM by kenkay »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf