Author Topic: Goldtrail  (Read 3359 times)

Offline DianaJ

Goldtrail
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 18:44:01 PM »
Ive also got my money back, sent me forms in 16th August got acknowledgement back mid september telling me it would be 2 weeks was in acccount 3 days later

Offline julesbob0303

Goldtrail
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 16:29:15 PM »
Thanks Diana.  Think I'd better chase mine up and find out what's going on!  :(

Offline julesbob0303

Goldtrail
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 17:43:59 PM »
Well, as a follow up on my previous post, I had yet another email from lowcostholidays a couple of days ago, still demanding the balance of the  holiday they booked for me with goldtrail!  We had already paid a deposit of over £400 and had just under £300 left to pay by 1st August.  As goldtrail had already collapsed long before this, we obviously didn't pay the balance.

Having filled in all the forms etc for our refund, we hadn't received any acknowledgement of receipt of the letter, and that was since the end of August.  I can't believe holiday companies can get it so wrong!  We were due to be flying today, so why request the balance two days ago, when it was actually due at the beginning of August, and for a flight company that has gone into liquidation!!!!

I sent them an email back, demanding to know what was going on (impossible to get through by phone) and they emailed me back, advising me to contact the CAA.  I emailed the CAA and they replied very quickly to say that everything had been handed back to lowcostholidays and I needed to contact them!!

I rang them again, on their "new booking" line - yes, they were VERY quick to answer then!!!  I asked to be put through to someone dealing with goldtrail, and eventually, after much insistence on my part, was finally put through to someone, who apologised on behalf of lowcostholidays for asking for the balance to be paid (!!!) and then told me that my forms had been received, and that I would be refunded in approximately 8-12 weeks time!!  This is crazy - I sent the forms back in August yet it appears that I may not get my refund until the end of January next year!!!  I wont hold my breath ..................

Offline tonysue

Goldtrail
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 14:40:04 PM »
Any updates on this please, I am still waiting for my refund:(
UPDATE. shh. sorry for shouting mr scunner sir.   Letter from CAA will have refund in next 14 days. Yippeeee. :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 17:25:31 PM by tonysue »

Offline Ozzie

Goldtrail
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 17:53:53 PM »
Hi - that is really good news.  We are still waiting for our refund - flights for 13 people so could really do with the money back. Who did you originally book with.  Thanks Ozzie

Offline tonysue

Goldtrail
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 22:15:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ozzie

Hi - that is really good news.  We are still waiting for our refund - flights for 13 people so could really do with the money back. Who did you originally book with.  Thanks Ozzie

travelrepublic. had acknowledgement from CAA back in August saying it could be "some months". I emailed CAA 2 weeks ago- a very nice email asking if it could have been overlooked and pleading financial hardship, dont know if it helped but Hey -ho you gotta try.

Offline Ozzie

Goldtrail
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 12:48:02 PM »
Hi - thanks for your reply.  We booked with Airflights - I have just been on their website and they have announced (on the 23rd November) that the CAA have agreed that they can deal with compensation claims direct and have said that they hope to have paid the bulk of these claims prior to Christmas - fingers crossed x

Offline julesbob0303

Goldtrail
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 13:30:04 PM »
Is anyone else still waiting for their refund from Goldtrail? :(

We made our original booking for our flights on 13th February 2010 (almost a year ago   :o ) and we're still waiting for our money back!  Really fed up now - have just sent lowcostholidays and the CAA yet another email, demanding my money back.  Where do I go from here, if they still don't pay up?  [:(!] 8):(

I sent my original Barclaycard statement off with my ATOL claim forms as requested last August, so will have to pay to get a duplicate copy of the statement for proof of payment (though I have emails thanking me for my booking, which was made online).  [|)]

Are there other people in this position?

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
Goldtrail
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 13:51:54 PM »
I did not have a problem with goldtrail going bust as I did not book with them and I feel sorry for those who did, but you do have to understand that the Agencies like ATOL AND ABTA are all funded by the airlines so will hold on as long as possible before any payout, my suggestion is to take out a small claims court action that should speed things up or get in touch with the national press to expose the travel agent or contact the ombudsman for the industry, have you tried to claim from your credit card company?

Offline dycedon

Goldtrail
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 14:42:02 PM »
I dont think you will get refunded by goldtrail or caa, you will normally have to claim through your credit card company but if you have paid bt cash i doubt very much if you will get anything back, hope you are sucsessful in your quest.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf