Author Topic: Todays referendum results!!  (Read 3399 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Todays referendum results!!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 23:58:34 PM »
Sadly the coal is poor quality and the pollution causes health problems.

Offline Eric

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 09:01:01 AM »
They did this in the run up to the last elections, handing out free coal.  A Turkish friend said the coal being given was of a quality that is banned in most other countries of the world because of its very poor quality, pollution and health risks.  I suppose that's one way of disposing of it!

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 20:13:02 PM »
Yes the Coal is very poor quality but what is a poor family to do? the burning of carrier bags and plastic bottles and just about anything is normal for a poor Turkish family in general the carrier bags are used to help light the fire with twigs collected from any where they can be found!

As for the referendum to be honest with you looking at erdogans past behaviour in all things islamic I do not trust him in any shape or form! But hey he could prove me wrong and for everyone living in Turkey I sure hope he does.......:D

Offline Eric

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 20:30:06 PM »
If this had been an African Nation the USA and the UK Governments would be complaining about vote rigging, irregularities, threats to NGO's etc.  But because Turkey is a strategic country to both NATO and the USA (yes I know the USA is part of NATO) they support the referendum voting and turn a blind eye to the 'irregularities'.

The strange thing is that Governments do not learn by past events.  Remember the UK and USA selling arms to Iraq a few years ago and how they supported Robert Mugabe when he became President of Zimbabwe in 1980.[?][?]:-\:-\
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 20:33:04 PM by Eric »

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 03:31:57 AM »
Was it not the AKP party at general election time who gave away fridge freezers to mountain people in the east when they had 6foot of snow and no electricity to run it and washing machines to people who had no running water if they did have electricity thats another question and puts building moscs before schools and education

gone of topic abit
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 03:48:08 AM by ECHOSTAR »

Offline ECHOSTAR

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 04:02:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Eric

If this had been an African Nation the USA and the UK Governments would be complaining about vote rigging, irregularities, threats to NGO's etc.  But because Turkey is a strategic country to both NATO and the USA (yes I know the USA is part of NATO) they support the referendum voting and turn a blind eye to the 'irregularities'.

The strange thing is that Governments do not learn by past events.  Remember the UK and USA selling arms to Iraq a few years ago and how they supported Robert Mugabe when he became President of Zimbabwe in 1980.
[?][?]:-\:-\

Thats right Eric the americans would like turkey in the eu as well as the uk its the americans pulling the strings just look how much american money is here in turkey. Blair and Brown saying you need the eu but its the eu + the americans that need turkey so turkey should be saying what can you do for us it will be a sad day if turkey joins the EU
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 04:08:05 AM by ECHOSTAR »

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 04:37:45 AM »
But it could be an even sadder day if Turkey creates and leads an islamist power block made up of all the nations east and north east of Turkey.I think the track record of the Turkish Prime minister so far, does not give confidence to anyone in the west outside of politics and the politicians.I wonder what the result would have been if all the NO votes available to voters working in the tourist industry could have been counted.Having to go back to ones village etc to vote when they obviously cannot due to employment commitments leaves a very inaccurate result.

Offline ECHOSTAR

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 06:33:17 AM »
Thats a very good point captainjon i dont think it would change the results though but a good point

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf