Author Topic: i was not deported i left  (Read 15724 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
i was not deported i left
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2010, 13:23:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hubblebubble

Personally i feel anything that can be learnt from this thread has been and it's time to close it.

I'd be interested to hear what Steve (BM06) has to say on the matter. I noted that he was on earlier but has not posted yet as was his stated intention.

If you have changed your mind Steve then I'd be grateful if you let us know that.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2010, 13:56:43 PM »
Woody sounds more like a Del Boy than one of he Kray twins. I wonder if he will have a stall in any markets now!

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2010, 14:09:08 PM »
Keith, I totally agree with what you and others have said over the past couple of pages in that there are lessons to be learned bu all of us in this sorry tale. Most of us when we bought in Turkey had to put our trust in someone and that was normally the estate agent.Putting your trust in an estate agent is exactly the same as putting your trust in an estate agent in the UK. In this sorry situation all the money seems to have been handed over up front. You would not hand all the money over up front on a UK purchase why do it in s foreign country. You would not buy a house without involving a solicitor in the UK why  would you not do it abroad.

We are all very wise after the event. Lets be honest the vast majority of sales that are made are honest and above board. This lady is one of the few that has been stung.Unfortunately it is the behavior of Woody, his Turkish partner  and other greedy individuals that bring the whole process into disrepute. 6% is a healthy commission but some of these individuals are not satisfied. When we were selling our house one of money grabbers turned up and they wanted me to add 21% to the purchase price and wanted it split 6% to the agent and 15% to this guy who was supposed to be a friend of the prospective purchasers. I told them to get lost.

There is a need for further regulation and for the whole purchase process needs to be speeded up. Most importantly there is a need for common sense to be applied.  

Woody there is no way you can say you are a victim in all of this. You defrauded at least 2 people and got caught.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 14:13:48 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline BM06

« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2010, 14:29:07 PM »
H, I have decided that this is neither the time or place to air my personal grievances on an open forum as what has been said since my last post says it all really.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2010, 14:43:47 PM »
Fair enough BM06 entirely your choice (especially if it's a personal grievance) but "disappointing" after your initial post.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2010, 15:13:53 PM »
I won't do it yet but maybe this is a good time to call this thread a day and lock it.

Yes or no?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 15:14:11 PM by stoop »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2010, 15:22:14 PM »
I would say yes. It's run it's course, the clues are there for anyone looking to buy in Turkey and we're going round in circles now.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2010, 15:23:56 PM »
NOT EVERYONE WHO SMILES AT YOU IN TURKEY IS NICE

My parting shot  8)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member