Author Topic: Calis to Boring?  (Read 14989 times)

Offline dulux

Calis to Boring?
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2010, 23:13:23 PM »
Thanks BM06.It looks like there is'nt much difference between Olu Deniz,Hisaronu and Calis then when going to either of the three places at night.Except Calis is smaller.But still relies on Kareoke and disco bars as the main entertainment.I am quite surprised as I was hoping it would be more Turkish in the evening rather than the same as the other two we experienced this year.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis to Boring?
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2010, 23:19:23 PM »
How many (i) karaoke bars and (ii) disco bars are there in Calis, and out of how many bars/restaurants total? If the figures equate to more than 5% I must have failed to find a huge lump of the resort in all the years of being there. Your description of Calis in the evening is totally unrecognisable to me.

Offline dulux

Calis to Boring?
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2010, 23:20:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Toky

Topic is getting silly now. Dulux, there's answers on everything you need to know in this comprhensive site and you've had 8 pages of answers to go by on this question already. Calis is not Greece, no tavernas, just bars, restaurants, a few shops and a bucket load of atmosphere. Now go and try it for yourself.
:D

Thanks Sue but NO I did not get the answers I was looking for by using the search facility. Thats why I asked on here.I guess I should'nt have in your eyes.I wont post again on this subject now.
Thanks everyone for your answers.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Calis to Boring?
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2010, 23:38:58 PM »
It's Toky actually and no, that's not what I meant. IMHO, you've had accurate answers to your original post and we seem to be going round and round in circles Dulux. Supposing it turns out not to be the place for you, at least you'll have had good weather, good service and ultimately a good holiday, even if you decide not to return. Life's a gamble....go for it.
:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis to Boring?
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2010, 23:45:58 PM »
To be honest, and I mean no offense to you dulux, the reason you maybe didn't get the answers you were looking for might be because even 8 pages on, I have no idea what your question(s) were.

Offline raygans

Calis to Boring?
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2010, 23:49:56 PM »
Dulux did you try a bar called Guvens? its at the far end of the promenade,he foods excellent as is the service and if you time it right you can sit and watch the sun going down and trust me its a sight to see

Offline tiddly winks

Calis to Boring?
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2010, 00:18:53 AM »
I believe I mentioned the tents in an earlier post of mine. Haven't been there myself yet but friends have told me it's pretty traditional, right down to not wearing shoes when you get inside.

There are so many places in Calis and Fethiye where you can have fairly traditional nights - it's just a case of exploring and finding them which means you keep boredom at bay while you're looking.

Did this answer your question?  ;) :P :D

Offline geordieboy

Calis to Boring?
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2010, 05:07:19 AM »
Why do'nt we just all agree that Calis is the bestest place in all of Turkey and have done with it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis to Boring?
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2010, 08:36:39 AM »
Instead why don't we stick to facts rather than childish comments. Why don't we all agree that it isn't as lively as Hisaronu and that it isn't correct to describe it as a place reliant on karaoke bars and disco bars to provide it's evening entertainment, which simply isn't the case.

Nobody said it was the best place in Turkey, the general feeling in the topic (if you choose to read it) is that it is all down to what people prefer, and Calis may not be everyone's choice but if you want quiet and laid back rather than noisy and lively, which most people on the Calis Beach Forum do, then Calis is one of the places that provide that.

Every time there is a hint of a Calis v Hisaronu debate on here, Calis people say they prefer Calis (what a surprise that is) and a handful of Hisaronu fans think they are being picked on, it is quite ridiculous.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Calis to Boring?
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2010, 09:05:17 AM »
This topic is boring.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf