Author Topic: Goal posts moving again?  (Read 7100 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Goal posts moving again?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 17:14:31 PM »
Can only repeat what we were told by the doctor.  We put the ball in motion for SGK 2 weeks ago and need to be sure THIS is as good as it sounds because it could save us paying 183TL a month.  So, if anyone has more info, it would be much appreciated.  Bearing in mind that this is really new.

Offline tytots

Goal posts moving again?
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 18:24:26 PM »
Apparently this is part of the new health system update which started last week, as told to us by Dr Degen

Offline Harmless

Goal posts moving again?
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 18:29:02 PM »
We paid over 200 tl per month for ssk.  We have to pay a percentage of treatment costs at the Devlet hospital, but, for emergency treatment even at a private hospital (after hours) it is usually free.
As a general rule, Turks do have to pay insurance in order to obtain healthcare.

Offline Firo

Goal posts moving again?
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 18:39:10 PM »
How can the Turkish Government afford to change to a NHS style free treatment system?
I look forward to someone clarifying this because at the moment it seems to be too good to be true.

Offline tytots

Goal posts moving again?
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 20:00:31 PM »
I paid for many years for my "free" NHS treatment. Perhaps the increased residency fee will cover this new system, we will find out after 1st January

Offline Firo

Goal posts moving again?
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2010, 22:30:42 PM »
Exactly my point, the NHS is paid for by the population via UK NI contributions so if the Turkish Government are now saying all treatment is free for everyone who's paying for it?
I hope that this is correct and what fantastic news it would be, but I would still want more official confirmation before celebrating.
So far nothing here that has been proposed for change ie visa 90/180 days ,compulsory health insurance etc has gone according to plan and nothing has ever been for free.
Sceptical ...yes ...but willing to be optimistic...yes...Fingers crossed that someone can clarify the situation.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Goal posts moving again?
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2010, 08:32:20 AM »
UPDATE:  It seemed too good to be true, and it was.  People have been to register at the clinic today and the Doctor now knows that this fantastic scheme doesn't apply to the English.  It does apply to Germans, Belgians etc.  Oh well.

He says if there is anything he can do to get us onto the scheme, he will.  I feel its unlikely, but we can live in hope.  Meanwhile he is VERY sorry for the mix up.

So, as you were on the SGK....

Offline geordieboy

Goal posts moving again?
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2010, 16:49:56 PM »
It takes one person to repeat what another one has said,and off we go again,on the same bloody roundabout of disinformation.
Listen up people,and those that have lived here a while,should know by now, you do N O T,get anything for nothing,apart from your tax number,in Turkey.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Goal posts moving again?
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2010, 21:01:45 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by geordieboy

It takes one person to repeat what another one has said,and off we go again,on the same bloody roundabout of disinformation.
Listen up people,and those that have lived here a while,should know by now, you do N O T,get anything for nothing,apart from your tax number,in Turkey.

We were repeating what our village Doctor had told us.  Forgive us for trying to inform others about something that could have been massively good news.  The fact that the information turned out to be wrong was not our fault and doesn't necessitate such a reaction from you Geordieboy.

Offline geordieboy

Goal posts moving again?
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2010, 15:46:43 PM »
I apologise if my post upset you Rindy,but how can a village doctor make the statements he apparently did,hope his doctoring is better than his information.Glad to see the topic is back on a even keel. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf