Author Topic: warning  (Read 9405 times)

Offline creativeproducer

warning
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 21:59:44 PM »
how true. but your 'happily married' friend was trying to be my boyfriend at the time, and i didn't know he was married, which i have since found out. i have also found out that i am not the first woman he has told many lies to. i'm not an idiot, but some liers are good at what they do. i feel sorry for his wife, and i have found out that there are many more stories like mine related to this man... Great, he is not....

Offline kizkucuk

warning
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 22:08:39 PM »
Maybe we need a Turkish Love rat section on the forum - how about it Scunner?    I don't know many people who haven't got a tale or two to tell about their experiences in Turkey.  i hope you are able to put this experience behind you creativeproducer and not allow it to spoil your enjoyment of a beautiful country.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
warning
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 22:13:54 PM »
Nothing new I'm afraid, here is a CBF topic around 31,000 topics prior to yours of today. Be careful out there...

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}7676

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
warning
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 22:19:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kizkucuk

Maybe we need a Turkish Love rat section on the forum - how about it Scunner?    I don't know many people who haven't got a tale or two to tell about their experiences in Turkey.  i hope you are able to put this experience behind you creativeproducer and not allow it to spoil your enjoyment of a beautiful country.

Such facilities do exist - although they seem to have far more members who prefer the Marmaris or Kusadasi areas to our own faves - I would have to set it up anonymously as they are viscious, aggressive, astonishing to read (more Jeremy Kyle than Mills & Boon) and libellous on an hourly basis. The frequency of three or four British women ripping lumps out of each other because they truly believed they were the real "gf" and the others were slaaaaags - very amusing stuff but after about a week a little too samey for my tastes :D

Not for me really, I have enough to do keeping everyone here from killing each other!

Offline Old Daffodil

warning
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 08:49:06 AM »
I have been visiting Turkey for years and lived there for three years. I have lost count of the number of women who I met who had been conned. The worst one I know of was a widow lady who helped a restaurant/bar owner with a loan and then also put her lovely big modern house in Turkey up as collateral for a loan for him. She was a well provided for widow one minute and struggling to pay for food and having her electricity cut off the next.
Advice and warnings fall on deaf ears.
I also know of men who have gone into business partnerships and if the business folds up they are left with the tax bill for the partner as well as themselves.A favourite also seems to be to buy land and build property and then because the tapu is in the Turkish name no money is paid over from the sale.
I wonder if the subject is taught as an NVQ course because the formula is so familiar in a lot of cases.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 08:59:15 AM by Daffodil »

Offline creativeproducer

warning
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 09:13:48 AM »
thank you, kizkucuk, i won't. i have made many friends, turkish & english in the couple of weeks since i got here, who have been so lovely. and i've been coming to turkey for 10 years, and never has this happened to me before. i won't let one bad person ruin it. i had actually been warned by a turkish person the day i got here, but he was very keen to dismiss it as 'gossip'. i know people do gossip, but there comes a point when everything is saying one thing about a person, you ought to believe there's a reason why... thankfully someone has to prove they can be trusted, in my book.

Offline elaina

warning
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 09:49:54 AM »
I got caught and listened to the lies - mother sick, then dying, then looking for land to buy in readiness for the burial - later found out that she was still alive.  It's all to tug at the heart strings and make you feel sorry and want to help.  I am sorry to say I am very soft hearted - not a fault but definitely a weakness in Turkey.  Never again will I get caught - now unfortunately when I come to Turkey I trust no one - very sad but it makes you feel like that.

Offline creativeproducer

warning
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »
yea, apparently he has a couple of sick relatives, who became the justification for every piece of odd behaviour. not sure if that was for real, but wouldn't surprise if it wasn't a ruse for a loan down the line... interestingly all his communication problems have suddenly resolved themselves this morning, since he got wind of my post. credit, back. network coverage, back. availability to ring and text, mysteriously back.... response from me? nada.

Offline elaina

warning
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 10:49:51 AM »
I am thinking of writing a book on my experience.  I have the title already lined up.  It will be called "Turkish Delight - the Tale of a Lovable Rogue."  So watch this space I may even get to sign copies in Waterstones - who knows LOL.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
warning
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 10:51:22 AM »
I'll wait till it gets to Poundland :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf