Author Topic: A Stolen Dream  (Read 13370 times)

Offline jul bri

A Stolen Dream
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 13:14:31 PM »
how very very sad , my heart goes out to them.

Offline scooby doo

A Stolen Dream
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 13:30:50 PM »
I am sorry for you. He wants shooting, but unfortunatley we seem to have no rights here, when things go badly wrong. They just take the money and start up another business, ie restuarant. Lets hope that does not happen again. If it does i would hope that expats would give it the custom it deserves, None.
Because we no from a previous horror story thats what they do.[:(!]
It rearly makes me angry that these people think they can go about ripping us of, an ruining there lives. Some people will never get over something like that, and they just carry on regardless. I do feel very bitter about this, and yes it has rearly made me think of returning home. Because home this will never be. This is the story that broke the camels back as they say. We are hearing constant rip offs now. Sorry folks if i have depressed you all :( as i no some of you are very happy here.
But what can you do except,
Always look on the bright side of life  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
A Stolen Dream
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 13:31:50 PM »
There is no need for a property ombudsman, what is needed is for people to buy and receive their property at the same time. This means either paying for the property once all the paperwork is done and not 3 months before, or buying and receiving the property immediately (as Turkish buyers do). It is entirely due to the 12 week plus wait between paying a deposit (or more) and actually having the deeds put into you name that cause and allow these scumbags to do this.

This one major problem could be sorted out in five minutes, but nothing is done.

Offline Eric

A Stolen Dream
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 13:35:51 PM »
We are friends of Kevin and Elain and know the whole story.  What makes my blood boil is that this man has committed fraud on several occasions/properties and is still walking the streets with no criminal charges being brought against him.  He is setting a 'bad' example to other Turks, as a Turkish friend said to us, as he has defrauded several people and is seen to be getting away with it.

Kevin and Elain are to be admired for their strength of character.  Many people would have left Turkey never to return again but not them, they resolved to remain in the country that they love.  Good luck to them both.

Offline heatherhanum

A Stolen Dream
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 13:39:42 PM »
This is such a sad thing to happen. My heart goes out to them. Don't know what else to say.

Offline Firo

A Stolen Dream
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 13:54:03 PM »
It is a travesty that, our good friends, Kev and Elaine find themselves in this situation after doing everything through a solicitor and having contracts etc etc.
I just hope that they get the publicity they deserve, how can any one who has receipts for every penny spent buying a home loose it because some unscrupulous builder commits fraud.
They have lost their home and he is walking the streets in this area as free as a bird. Yes they might well be awarded their money back but I would not take bets on them getting it off the builder as he's had lots of time to put in away in other peoples names therefore denying justice to be served.
Where's the criminal case for fraud that the courts should be following.
If any of you reading this have UK newspaper contacts please direct them to this story and maybe it will shame the Turkish government to put measures in place to stop it ever happening again.
Fi

Offline littlereddevil

A Stolen Dream
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 14:06:59 PM »
Which restaurant would he be in so we can avoid it like the plague?

Offline hubblebubbles

A Stolen Dream
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 14:25:13 PM »
What a total nightmare for this couple. I hope with all my heart that justice will be done and this "builder" gets his due punishment.I hope they can still find the happiness they expected in  their new lives in Turkey and I wish them luck.I know of another couple who have lost a HUGE amount of their life savings to a rogue agent .....an english lady agent .... but they too are making the best of it and are determined to make a new life living here but under different financial circumstances. The laws need to be altered so things like this can't happen. Thanks to The Independant for highlighting this story and I only hope they go ahead and print details of this mas as sson as they are legally able to so we ALL know who to avoid like the plague.

Offline BM06

A Stolen Dream
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 14:29:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by scooby doo

I am sorry for you. He wants shooting, but unfortunatley we seem to have no rights here, when things go badly wrong. They just take the money and start up another business, ie restuarant. Lets hope that does not happen again. If it does i would hope that expats would give it the custom it deserves, None

Deja vu scooby doo And Kieth 100% correct such a simple solution, but made so difficult by the powers that be, so sorry to hear this is still happening, Kevin and Elaine, hope all turns out OK and this scum bag gets all he deserves, life has a funny way of righting the wrongs of scum in the end, what goes around comes around, take care and stay strong.

Offline posleeds

A Stolen Dream
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 14:36:39 PM »
[I know of another couple who have lost a HUGE amount of their life savings to a rogue agent .....an english lady agent]

Hubblebubbles - can you name the English Lady Agent (is it allowed?) - I too have been stung-just wondering if it's the same one?

There ought to be a section entitled "Rip Off Merchants in Turkey" - would be the largest & most read forum I'm sure : :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf