Author Topic: We are not a taxi service..  (Read 4066 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
We are not a taxi service..
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 08:21:45 AM »
Caring responsible people would take their pets back with them or spend a few months beforehand trying to re-home, not leave it til the last minute and contact us to do dirty deed.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
I would also like to point out this has nothing to do with Sugarybaba who went home very ill and left her dogs with us last week, one of which was rehomed immediately.

Offline AndyLin

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 10:04:40 AM »
When we moved from Germany back to the UK, I even put my rabbits through quarantine for 6 months. If you have pets be prepared to take them back with you. Don't dump them on someone else.

Offline joannasal

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 04:59:48 AM »
I think i know the dog Tinkerman is talking about - she has been adopted by a friend of mine. Maisey (the dog) is the sweetest thing you could ever come across and already follows my friend everywhere. She has an amazing temperment.
When I left the Middle East, due to where I lived, i had 4 flights over 2 days. Never once did i consider leaving my cat behind. She had never been on an aeroplane before but coped very well. Like many people on the forum, i have no understanding of people who are so willing to just desert their pets. You make provisions for them and show them the loyalty and love they show you.

Offline ovaciksarah

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 09:25:42 AM »
I,m afraid I couldn,t even be polite to anyone taking their animals to the sanctuary because their leaving the country

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 15:43:24 PM »
To take pets back to Britain costs a great deal of money whichever way you do it. Unfortunately not everyone is able or willing to pay the amount it costs. I cannot condemn people who do take their pets to the sanctuary. If people are returning to Britain and do not own their own property a lot of rentals do not allow pets.
We have had an adventure with our dogs travelling back across Europe and own our home in England but it is not always an option for someone who has taken in a pet in Turkey.It is so easy to start feeling sorry for a street dog in Turkey and just try and help then circumstances change.I suppose the answer is do not take in a Turkish dog if you think that you may leave the country eventually.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 16:34:38 PM »
We don't condemn people who take there dogs to the centre if it really has to be done and all re-homing avenues have been exhausted, what do condemn is people expecting us to do it for them and for nothing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf