Author Topic: Sky needs to drop two dinosaurs  (Read 7578 times)

Offline maximumtom

Sky needs to drop two dinosaurs
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 10:03:49 AM »
I have no problem with women officials in football.  My point is whether you can have a private conversation in this country or not. It is getting like the USSR when everyone was looking over their shoulder wondering if they were being spied on. All the hype in business nowadays is team building but this sort of thing will undermine a team. Do you want a State where everyone rats on everyone else who has a different opinion and there is no trust? I certainly don't.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 10:16:10 AM »
Similar thing happened to Gordon Brown. Anyone who has a mike attached must be stupid if they make those sort of 'off the record' comments these days.

Fact is these two are not in the minority - they are just two very highly paid presenters who happen to have been caught out airing their sexist views.

Lots of blokes probably think the same and I bet I wasn't the only one who initially thought she got 'that' offside decision wrong. Good on her! She proved in that game that women do know a lot about footy these days and we men have to accept that.

She's quite a looker as well ;-)

Offline BM06

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 10:18:50 AM »
I think she may holiday in Oludeniz/Ovacik going by the photo's[?] so it shows she has some class ;) as for the off air tapes being aired Imo stinks of a set up, typical sky move:-\as for the Jamie Redknapp suggestion to take over:-\, he is a mercenary, Fickle, a chip off the old block.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1350265/Andy-Gray-Richard-Keys-sexism-storm-Sian-Massey-party-girl.html

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 10:20:03 AM »
Its all been blown out of proportion,Gray has always spoken crap anyway, over rated and over paid, and good on the lineswoman, I just hope they catch Jeremy Clarkson next. ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 10:26:40 AM »
Catch Jeremy Clarkson???? He's the one guy that doesn't give a fig what he says. At least you know where you stand with him as he says what he thinks virtually when he wants.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 10:39:01 AM »
Ron Atkinson made a comment about a black player that was an aside when microphones where supposed to be switched off, he got the sack. However, decrying a person because of their sex (and not colour) obviously does not count as a sacking offence.  
I note these prats are 53 and 55 years old.  In this world of T.V. non-equally, if they both had been women they would have lost their jobs before they reached 50 years old.  Sky like most other T.V. Channels don't employ mature women.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 10:52:04 AM »
I have no problem with females running the line in big games. Female commentators, like the one on the football league show, that's a different matter!

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 11:55:26 AM »
Am i the only one who thought it was funny. :P

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 12:02:58 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ronzeus

Am i the only one who thought it was funny. :P

No there are two of you.
You can join that old mysogynist Calvin Mackenzie who said on T.V. This morning it was quite right for Ron Atkinson to get the sack for a racist remark, but the two Halfwits should keep their jobs for a sexist comments :(

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 13:36:26 PM »
Can someone be kind enough to remind me who Karen ("it makes my blood boil") Brady works for at West Ham. :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf