Author Topic: What do you take back to UK ?  (Read 2603 times)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
What do you take back to UK ?
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 16:30:55 PM »
Last trip:

UK to Turkey: Cheese, Sausages, Bacon, Black Pudding, Cadburys Chocolate & (under strict orders) Baileys.

Return: Blanket (just happened to be the right colour for my bedroom!), honey, spices, olive oil soap, car steering wheel cover & some amazing memories of my 1st time in Calis, although not a newbie to Turkey!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 16:54:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by GordonA

A bit dodgy to declare on an open Forum that drugs are being brought through Customs for "a list" of customers!!!! [:(!]
Gordy.

Yes, I am sure my husband's secretary, the technical clerk and my son and daughter will get high on pencillin... Get a life [:(!]

Offline Fran

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 19:34:24 PM »
Turkey to Uk. Olive oil soap, those chewy sweets with liquid fruit in the middle (the cherry ones are yummy), Raki and Turkish delight. Uk to Turkey, Bacon, cheese, butter, m+s tinned ham.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 20:22:55 PM »
Uk to Turkey: Cheese slices ham slices bacon sausages tuna fish punnets of beans a frozen indian curry a frozen chilli con carne (home made!) some quizes for our neighbours some batchelors pasta sachets cheese and broccoli.Turkey to Uk: T-shirts for my son from market, joggers for my son from market,cloths from Bim as there packs are really cheap and good quality, sleeping pills, antibiotics. coff medicine, olive oil soaps, mayo from Kipa,Haribo minibags of sweets from Bim and there Marshmallows, olips menthol sweets, pickled chillis from Kipa, tomatoes and cucumbers from market and fresh chillies from market to make curries in Uk, a few Ayrans and a selection of chocolate bars from Bim for me to eat at work oh and any dvds my son has on his list, I often wonder whether these will be confiscated at Gatwick even though it is not illegal in Turkey! oh and last visit we brought a Turkish lady back who had never flown before and was really nervous, her family asked us at Dalaman to help her so we brought her to Uk every step of the way!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf