Author Topic: Things to do? 2nd time round  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Groovegal

Things to do? 2nd time round
« on: February 27, 2011, 19:08:57 PM »
Hi everyone

Was wondering if people can advise good things to do whilst on holiday in Calis?

When I visited in 05 we done a day at Mud baths cant remember the location name.  We have also done a boat that took us to see some spectacular tombs carved in to cliffs.  Finally we went to a big market by taking the water dolmish/dalmish? near the Golden Moon hotel got lots of great fake t shirts etc.  

What is there to do 2nd time round we dont do water sports as we dont swim

Also have never tried a traditional turkish bath but really want to where could I go for that

Thanks in advance for any replies
Siobhan

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 19:34:28 PM »

Siobhan
          Saklikent/Tlos is a great day out,and there is a Hamam (turkish baths)in Fethiye. Enjoy your return trip  :)

Badger

Offline Groovegal

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 19:41:24 PM »
Hi Badger thanks for letting me know, can I ask is Fethiye a different town?

I have been looking online and have found it hard to figure out as I thought maybe Calis Beach was a town and Fethiye a county like in Britain??

Siobhan

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 19:46:44 PM »
Calis is a suburb of the town of Fethiye, which is in the "county" of Mugla. The "county town" of Mugla, is Mugla.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 19:47:23 PM by KKOB »

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 19:58:28 PM »
Fethiye is the nearest largish town to Calis just across the bay.If you took the water taxi last time it sounds like you went to the Tuesday market which is in Fethiye.I would agree with the Saklikent/Tlos,suggestion.We took a jeep safari(Karacaye Jeeps I think)which went to Xanthos,Tlos,Yaka park,Patara and Saklikent ,long day but great and well worth it.A day or two just wandering round Fethiye,the harbour,marina, Pas partur etc.Or Fethiye at night could include a visit to the fishmarket where you choose your own fish or seafood and take it to one of the many restaurants surrounding the market where they will cook and serve to you(we all have our favourite restaurants here so Iam sure members can recommend)There are many other restaurants in Fethiye to try and there are plenty listed on this site.If pubs are your thing Fethiye is also good for a few beers along bar street in the Pas Partur.Loads of boat trips run from Fethiye marina but I would advise  the Blue Bays boat trip from Calis Boat,a full day in and out of small bays,swimming(for those who want to) and sunbathing,a fantastic lunch on board and afternoon tea.You could go to Olu Deniz for the day to see the stunning lagoon and beaches,have a party night in Hisaronu or you could just wander around Calis doing anything that takes you fancy ie beach,waterpark,bars,restaurants,sunday market,sunsets etc.etc.
Iam sure you will find plenty to do

Offline Robw

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 22:39:44 PM »

Nice post Steve!

It will be my second visit to the  area this year and want to visit the ghost village at Kayakoy followed by a BBQ lunch at cin bal. I would also like to visit the lakes near to Dalaman, maybe subject Uzumlu to my presence one evening and generally just get out and about experiencing as much as possible.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 22:45:38 PM »
Loads of advice on here.13 pages of good ideas
{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}19732&SearchTerms=Places,to,go
:D

Offline buddy

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 23:14:25 PM »
Hi Siobhan, my daughter (19) and her friends loved the Jeep Safari which takes you to a lot of the interesting sights around the area, as Steve says its a long day but great fun for all ages. They also loved an evening out in Hisaronu, loads of lively bars, a day on the beach at Olu Deniz and for the brave and those that can afford it go for the paragliding. Have a look around the Old Town (Paspatur) in Fethiye, some good music bars and quaint restaurants, and the fish market. Also a great day out is the scuba diving. So much to do.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 23:29:56 PM »
I can also recommend a party at Buddy's. Especially if you have been in Turkey for a while. He's from Cumbria and brings over the best local butcher's Cumbrian sausages and provides plenty of beer. When's the next one Bud??!!

Offline Tiff

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 07:32:47 AM »
re Turkish Baths there are a couple in Calis too , one at the Oykun Hotel and the other is the Sultan just behind the Cafe Soul

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf