Author Topic: Residency costs reduced  (Read 18127 times)

Offline minimoo

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2011, 16:48:19 PM »
My husband took 3 people to register with the Muhtar in Ovacik last week, and none of them were charged anything. My husband says that they are paid for the work they do as Muhtar, and should not be asking for anymore. His advice is that if you are charged for this type of procedure, you should ask the Muhtar for a receipt and take that along to the authorities.

Offline Honest Joe

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2011, 10:12:29 AM »
Having just completed my own "residency run" it seems appropriate to share my new-found knowledge with others who are about to embark on their own applications. Note: the procedure for renewing a permit will vary somewhat to the following and some of the stages will not be relevant.
1.   You will need 6 passport-sized photos, 2 copies of your Tapu (or rental contract if applicable), 2 copies of your passport, a copy of your Turkish bank statement, and your tax certificate.
2.   Go to the Passport Police Office (on the slip road leading to the Ece Saray hotel, heading west out of Fethiye) and ask for a copy of the residency application forms.
3.   The form must be completed on a computer (it's quite likely that it could be typed instead, but don't take my word for it!) - if you submit a hand-written copy it will be torn up by the official who issued you the form in the first instance! A travel agency called Kaptain something or other, opposite the passport office, will print out a "computer version" for 15TL.
4.   You will need to buy a special plastic folder (to be submitted with your completed application) - the official at the Passport Police Office should show you the exact style of folder. I got mine for 3.50TL from the large stationery shop next to Cem Optik, 100 yards past the PTT (same side of the road), heading towards the Tuesday market place.
5.   Go to your local Muhtar (village head man), who will attach one of your photos to a "Konutta Kalanlara" form and give you the original plus a photocopy. You will need to take the original back to the Muhtar when the application process has been completed. You will be asked for a "charitable donation" - my Muhtar asked for 10TL but some are charging as much as 50TL.
6.   Next stop is the Tax Office (Virgi Ofisi) - just off the coastal road mid-way between Fethiye and Calis. Go up to the 3rd floor, round to the left and ask for Ahmet. He will give you a number which you have to take down to the payment desk on the ground floor. Hint: get a "queue ticket" from the machine when you first enter the building as this will save you 5 minutes or so! Pay your residency fee (which will vary according to the day's exchange rate for US$) - mine was 496TL for 5 years.
7.   Back into Fethiye and follow the coast road, past the Passport Police, and on to the Jandarma Offices. They will stamp the form that you got from your Muhtar.
8.   We're now off to the Government Offices (the large building between the PTT and the Penguen coffee shop (a good excuse for a non-mandatory stop before continuing the "run"). Go into the main door, turn left and up the stairs to room 2 where a lady will stamp your form : then back off down the stairs.
9.   Cross the road and go to the Polis station, opposite the PTT, and they will : yes, you guessed it : stamp your form.
10.   With bated breath trot off back to the Passport Police, present your completed forms, passport, photos, the special plastic folder, Muhtar form, copy of your tapu and bank statement, and 149TL.

So, how easy was that? You've obtained all the necessary stamps, had a coffee break, and a tour of all the official buildings in Fethiye - all within two hours (-ish), and not an aspirin in sight. Hint: don't forget to return to the Passport Police Office in two weeks to collect your permit book and passport :

Offline Diverbaz 1

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2011, 10:34:09 AM »

Thanks for that, very helpful.

Offline davybill

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2011, 11:34:51 AM »
yes very good we did ours in gunlibasi,after muhtar [paid 15lira each to the one by wedding circle]had to go
to the polis station,[polis woman charged us 15lira for stamping copy gave us a reciept]then back to muhtar,
but did it in a day, not much hassle at all.if you follow honest joes instructions.

Offline davybill

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2011, 11:45:34 AM »
by the way we asked the muhtar for reciept,[ makbuzu in turkish]
he said no,and would'nt give us our forms,[so had we put it down to  down to experience]

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Residency costs reduced
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2011, 15:03:25 PM »
HonestJoe - not quite sure what this means:

3. The form must be completed on a computer (it's quite likely that it could be typed instead, but don't take my word for it!) - if you submit a hand-written copy it will be torn up by the official who issued you the form in the first instance! A travel agency called Kaptain something or other, opposite the passport office, will print out a "computer version" for 15TL.

Is it available online - or do you mean they don't have the official forms but Kaptan does?

Thanks for taking the time to share with us all.

Offline Julesp

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2011, 16:21:21 PM »
Originally posted by Ian

HonestJoe - not quite sure what this means:

3. The form must be completed on a computer (it's quite likely that it could be typed instead, but don't take my word for it!) - if you submit a hand-written copy it will be torn up by the official who issued you the form in the first instance! A travel agency called Kaptain something or other, opposite the passport office, will print out a "computer version" for 15TL.

Is it available online - or do you mean they don't have the official forms but Kaptan does?

Thanks for taking the time to share with us all.

It means that all the information on the forms must be printed not hand written, that said I hand wrote mine and had no problems, but maybe depends on their mood on the day
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 16:23:33 PM by Julesp »

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Residency costs reduced
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2011, 20:10:02 PM »
Jules - thank you but what difference does it make getting a computer printed one unless you have it on a disk / file format in the first place and if you do - you can print it off yourself?

Sorry but I still don't understand :(

Offline Julesp

Residency costs reduced
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2011, 20:28:13 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Jules - thank you but what difference does it make getting a computer printed one unless you have it on a disk / file format in the first place and if you do - you can print it off yourself?

Sorry but I still don't understand :(

Whats meant is that the bits on the form that you have to fill in, I cant remember exactly now what they are. but for example, Your Name, Address Age etc, cannot be written in by hand But have to be printed.
 As the police give you the forms in a paper copy you have to get someone to enter the form on a computer then enter and print your details for you,unless you have the knowledge of how to do yourself, As far as I know the forms are not available for you to fill in and print off online

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Residency costs reduced
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2011, 20:35:45 PM »
Jules - thank you - now I understand!

It sounds a bit of a farce you may as well appoint the Kaptan Man as an official part of the government process :D

Ah well - such is Turkey - that is why we love it......

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf