Author Topic: sunbeds in may on the beach?  (Read 19552 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
sunbeds in may on the beach?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 12:32:01 PM »
Yes I agree but holidaymakers don't see it as their job - sad but true. It's up to the bars & restaurants - they can do it or not do it. Not doing it means that they can sit with their feet up in those parts of the day when they are empty (and they all have those times) or go out and make their part of the beach more appealing than next door. If it's anything like devising a menu, they'll wait till next door do it, then copy them. So if just a couple started, it would spread.

I simply cannot think of a single reason why they wouldn't want to do this!

Offline Ramtastic

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 13:03:00 PM »
Are you allowed to use beach shelters on the beach? This would be better than nothing.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2011, 13:15:04 PM »
Years ago the first organised clean up resulted in the council giving the beach a pick up clean prior to the start of the season.

The beaches are OWNED by the environment and leased/rented to the area councils, this year I believe that the environment took back the beach leaving the council reeling from the loss of revenue.

Offline busybee

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 17:51:30 PM »
I think Bostons clear up their part of the beach and are getting sunbeds in a couple of weeks (dont quote me as I heard this 2nd hand)  I heard that they can be put out in the day and removed at night as this is when the baby turtles make an appearance.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2011, 21:44:55 PM »
I really care about the turtles as I am a true animal lover, but noone seemed to care about the baby turtles when the reeds were cut down and the rivers were dredged a while back, I was told there were all these little baby turtles trying to find somewhere to go it really upset me so there wellbeing is of great importance to me There must be a way round this problem, maybe the best thing is like Scunner says each bar owner looks after the bit of beach in front of their place. I was watching one of Hasan's dvd's today and just before the film started there was the beach on the disc, I have to say the angle it had been filmed at probably from upstairs in one of the hotels on the front the beach looked really nice with the sunbeds and brollys on.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2011, 22:28:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nichola

I heard recently there is a dispute over the beach - due to mismanagement the local council has had the responsibility for the beach taken away from them and they have had a hissy fit and are refusing to clean it.

Also the reason for no sun beds and parasols.

I think I have reported this as accurately as I can remember.

I have been reliably informed that the problem with the beach is nothing to do with the turtles and is I said (see above) due to mismanagement of the beach. Unfortunately this does mean the loss of much needed revenue for the council.

Anyway, I am also reliably informed that there is to be a meeting about the beach on May 20th. More info to follow as and when it comes my way  :)

Offline cheers

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2011, 22:46:42 PM »
A lot of lost revenue to the local council so what cut backs will they be looking to make due to the lost revenue?

Offline Ally B

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 16:36:03 PM »
I find this very sad.A seaside holiday resort without beds is just crazy.We use the beds on the beach every day because of the breeze and the scenery.We have a bite to eat at lunchtime on the prom and a couple of drinks before going back to hotel at night. The prom will be like a ghost town in the afternoon.When it gets a bit busier will there be enough sunbeds at the hotels for every one?. I doubt it.I dont want to lie at the pool all day you can do that anywhere.We have been going to Calis for more than fifteen years  and maybe this tells us it is time to change and go somewhere who cater for holidaymakers.I am sure we are not the only ones thinking this way. I feel sorry for the guys on the front trying to make money.

Offline booo

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 16:49:10 PM »
A bit off topic but there is a massive difference at Olu Deniz this year after it was taken over by Mugla rather than the local Belediye.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 16:54:34 PM »
Have to agree. Never seen Olu looking as good. The greenery looks amazing. They have provided small benches for sitting on the beach now that the bean bags have gone. Are all the beaches on the other side of the boatyard affected by these changes or just Calis main beach.?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 16:57:39 PM by mercury »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf