Author Topic: Smoke  (Read 8805 times)

Offline busybee

Smoke
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 19:07:41 PM »
I am a smoker and would never smoke around children or when people are eating. I actually prefer to go somewhere on my own if I am with non-smokers. I can then enjoy my cigarette without inflicting it on others.

What I cant stand is eating a meal and looking at an overwieght guy with no top on.  This I think is so orrible and puts me off my food

Offline GlennB

Smoke
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 19:15:12 PM »
Smokers have a choice as to whether they smoke, non smokers don't get a choice as to whether they breathe. If smokers want cancer be my guest but don't give it to me. As to topless over weight blokes at tables, could be much worse, it could be a woman :o

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Smoke
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 19:17:14 PM »
The solution is:

COMMON COURTESY

Not difficult. Just don't smoke next to a people who are eating their meal. Then, when they have finished, politely ask them if they mind if you light up. You will be surprised how many non-smokers will say 'No problem'.

Don't get me going on the topless blokes - overweight or not!

Offline Robw

Smoke
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 22:06:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nichola

is that some sort of by-law Rob?

I Think it must be.

People with no shirts on should be refused service in my opinion.  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Smoke
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 22:21:16 PM »
It's not shirtless overweight guys that upset me, it's the shirtless guys with six packs that do. ;)

Offline Bluwise

Smoke
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 07:46:15 AM »
I think people's aversion to smoke/smoking has escalated out of  proportion since all the hype surrounding the ban.  People are just so much more aware of it now and I think can be even more selfish than smokers at times.  
In an outdoor space I really don't think it is as bad as some are saying and like many other health warnings these days, I doubt the validity of the claims of those with something to gain from denormalising smokers.
Consideration on both sides would be good -

Smokers - don't let your smoke blow in the direction of someone in close proximity - check the wind direction before you light up!

Non smokers - Don't make such a fuss at the slightest whiff or merest hint of a fag at twenty paces!
 8)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Smoke
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 08:19:44 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Bluwise

I think people's aversion to smoke/smoking has escalated out of  proportion since all the hype surrounding the ban.  People are just so much more aware of it now and I think can be even more selfish than smokers at times.  
In an outdoor space I really don't think it is as bad as some are saying and like many other health warnings these days, I doubt the validity of the claims of those with something to gain from denormalising smokers.
Consideration on both sides would be good -

Smokers - don't let your smoke blow in the direction of someone in close proximity - check the wind direction before you light up!

Non smokers - Don't make such a fuss at the slightest whiff or merest hint of a fag at twenty paces!
 8)

Well said Sue[^]

Offline Diverbaz 1

Smoke
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 08:34:07 AM »

quote:

It's not shirtless overweight guys that upset me, it's the shirtless guys with six packs that do.

Is that because they won't share with you John. ;)

Why stop at a six pack when you can have the full keg.:D

Offline tony jenkins

Smoke
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 09:52:12 AM »
If smoke bothers you, you should consider where you sit to minimise the chance of being bothered.

Non smoker.

Offline peter16

Smoke
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 10:14:39 AM »
How many of these "concerned and bothered" non-smokers drive a vehicle which puts many times more pollutants into the air for all to breathe. :o I'm a non-smoker but take the line of if they want to smell,die early,stand outside in cold/rain let them. Just move up-wind and watch them cough.: :):D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf