Author Topic: Smoke  (Read 8888 times)

Offline littlereddevil

Smoke
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2011, 18:17:43 PM »
I loved the no smoking rules in Vancouver,no smoking within 6 feet of any door or window, outside that is!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 18:18:20 PM by littlereddevil »

Offline BM06

Smoke
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2011, 22:32:11 PM »
Just a thought[?] why not have a non smoking pub/bar/restaurant, and a smoking one  and see which one goes skint first[?] then you have a choice, with a blanket ban on smoking, a smoker has no choice, but a non smoker can then choose a place to eat or drink! and can go home smelling of drink instead of smoke as long as you did not attend a BQ night ;) which I find offencive 8) common sense really, but what do the powers that be know about that[?] just as an after thought can any of you non smokers/smokers tell me the only two places in the UK where the smoking ban does not apply[?] ;)

Offline Robw

Smoke
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2011, 01:01:15 AM »

I believe the bar in the house of commons is one?

Offline peecee

Smoke
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2011, 07:47:25 AM »
that really would be the limit, politicians decided what is good for the nation, smoking kills all, must be banned etc. then toddling off to the bar for a G & T and a fag (those that do, that is!)

Offline steveb1

Smoke
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2011, 08:32:29 AM »
not in the house of commons bars (thats just where our money goes up in smoke)
from there website

With these principles in mind, the Commission has decided that smoking should cease to be permitted from 1 July 2007 in all internal areas of the House of Commons estate, including in bars and private offices. From that date smoking will, however, be permitted in four designated external areas: the Terrace, Commons Court (North West corner), North Terrace (between Portcullis House and Norman Shaw South), and in a designated area on the west side of Canon Row courtyard. Cigarette receptacles will be provided in these areas. "No Smoking" signs will be displayed at entrances to the buildings. I understand that the House of Lords Administration and Works Committee will report its recommendations shortly on the smoking policy for the Lords part of the parliamentary estate."

Offline philrose

Smoke
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2011, 08:36:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Robw

I believe the bar in the house of commons is one?

Although they were originaly exempt the law was amended to only allow smoking in one of four designated areas.
You are however able to smoke in any one of Her Majesty's Prisons ;)

Offline farmer

Smoke
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011, 09:37:06 AM »
And curiously here in Turkey, all Governmental, "Official", State Business related buildings and so on seem to rigorously enforce the no smoking Ban. The only legally sanctioned exceptions to this rule are in some areas of prisons - Oh, and the Police Stations, where staff appear to be allowed to smoke but the "Public" not! :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Smoke
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2011, 14:18:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tony jenkins

If smoke bothers you, you should consider where you sit to minimise the chance of being bothered.

Non smoker.

That's all very good but you can't tell a smoker not to sit next to you can you? Unless you are inside and that defeats the object of the original post.

Offline Julesp

Smoke
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2011, 22:22:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by micky mouse

Typical women moaners maybe they sould take there holidays on a desert island.Im a smoker and have been for over 50years and i enjoy my fag with a beer,maybe we should ban sex indoors and then we would not have to put up with screaming kids around us all day.Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Bence !! :D And i work raising money for kids :D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 22:23:32 PM by Julesp »

Offline tony jenkins

Smoke
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2011, 06:10:31 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

quote:
Originally posted by tony jenkins

If smoke bothers you, you should consider where you sit to minimise the chance of being bothered.

Non smoker.

That's all very good but you can't tell a smoker not to sit next to you can you? Unless you are inside and that defeats the object of the original post.

What part of 'minimise' dont you understand?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 06:12:11 AM by tony jenkins »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf