Author Topic: What do the Turkish think of the Brits?  (Read 6118 times)

Offline kevman

What do the Turkish think of the Brits?
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 08:43:57 AM »
I don't go to Tuesday market usually in the season but having visitors who wanted to go off we trot.
On arrival at the market we met with a Tourist coach tipping off it's load, no problem there. As we waited for the crowds to disperse we then watched 3 young ladies strip to there bikinis and but a short sarong around there waist and proceed to walk round the market. The young Turks may like this but I doubt the older ones do. What about some respect for the country they are visiting, This is not something they would do in there home towns so why here. Keep this dress code for the beach!!!

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 09:13:33 AM »
We sometimes forget to respect the Turkish view on things. The Tuesday market example is a good one. I remember about 5 years ago going to Patara (the free end) and my other half almost being chased off the beach by a few older Turkish ladies - and she wasnt even wearing a bikini!

Offline apollo10

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 09:39:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kevman

I don't go to Tuesday market usually in the season but having visitors who wanted to go off we trot.
On arrival at the market we met with a Tourist coach tipping off it's load, no problem there. As we waited for the crowds to disperse we then watched 3 young ladies strip to there bikinis and but a short sarong around there waist and proceed to walk round the market. The young Turks may like this but I doubt the older ones do. What about some respect for the country they are visiting, This is not something they would do in there home towns so why here. Keep this dress code for the beach!!!

When I see them dressed like this and often without the sarong, I say in a loud voice "would you walk around at home looking like that"

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by HappyMonday

almost being chased off the beach by a few older Turkish ladies - and she wasnt even wearing a bikini!

Well, I'm not at all surprised! :D ;):D

Offline misterno

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 02:27:03 AM »
himm let me see if I understood

You are english man chased by old Turkish women who are not wearing bikini???

I want to smoke what you are smoking. It must be good quality.  :)

Offline quackers

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 07:02:21 AM »
Souldn't the tour reps give advice on dress code when away from the beach.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 08:04:09 AM »
That would be a good idea but half of them dont care and wouldnt take any notice anyway.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 08:22:28 AM »
Yes, I agree.  I saw a 'fly on the wall' type programme about a Hospital in Spain.  A girl was visiting a friend wearing a bikini, and was most indignant when a nurse told her she was inappropriately dressed.  Basically the attitude is "I will do what I damned well want", -its all about ME.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 09:17:05 AM »
I would welcome a Turkish view on the British generally not just the ones who wear bikinis and swill lager down their necks. Believe it or not there are some of us out here who generally behave themselves and do try to fit in. Are we just talking about holiday makers here? also the majority who are very well behaved. We live in a predominantly Turkish area through choice and we were very worried how they would react to us.i.e. would thy resent us moving in etc.etc.but we have had no adverse treatment whatsoever. In our area there are only 10 of us in different properties living here full time. Maybe they wouldnt like it if there were 100's of us taking over the place.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:21:10 AM by mercury »

Offline padraig

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 18:43:46 PM »
An interesting topic this one and got me thinking. My partner is a Turkish National and we quite often discuss this topic. We have homes in various regions of the country. The only one where we come in contact with the British is in the Fethiye area where we have an apartment in a complex in the gunlukbasi area. I have heard her pass comment on many an occasion about why there is a need for so much negativity between the British towards each other. It could be that it is just part of life on a complex. The complex which has about 70/30 weighted in favour of Turkish nationals is getting better as the percentage of Turkish gets higher as there is less tension. It is clear to me from what I have observed that the Turkish people have no issue who their neighbours are as long as they respect the country, the people and their traditions.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf