Author Topic: Tourism agency  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Fifi

Tourism agency
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 08:34:21 AM »
Just reporing back - we took the jeep safari with Karachay (sp) and Gerry's boat trip. The safari was an excellent day out as usual although we were duped into visiting the carpet factory (again)we managed to sidestep the tour and just went straight to the seating/bar area. Gerry's was an interesting day to say the least - we had a party of 5 Lebanese on board who brought their own music, snacks and vodka on board (we thought it was water) and didn't realise they were actually drunk by about 10am! Unfortunately a great deal of arguing ensued and one of the ladies left by speedboat, another refused to go and started abusing my son and daughter quite badly (horrible, vile woman she was)Gerry made it clear that he would not tolerate any further abusive behaviour and after she had played the 'you just don't like arabs' card luckily she managed to fall asleep for a couple of hours. It was a bad start to the day and Gerry was clearly upset by it but things settled down - we largely ignored the other party and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the day. I suspect that Gerry will be checking carefully the bookings he takes through a 3rd party though.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Tourism agency
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 09:07:01 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Fifi

Gerry's was an interesting day to say the least - we had a party of 5 Lebanese on board who brought their own music, snacks and vodka on board (we thought it was water) and didn't realise they were actually drunk by about 10am! Unfortunately a great deal of arguing ensued and one of the ladies left by speedboat, another refused to go and started abusing my son and daughter quite badly (horrible, vile woman she was)Gerry made it clear that he would not tolerate any further abusive behaviour and after she had played the 'you just don't like arabs' card luckily she managed to fall asleep for a couple of hours. It was a bad start to the day and Gerry was clearly upset by it but things settled down - we largely ignored the other party and thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the day. I suspect that Gerry will be checking carefully the bookings he takes through a 3rd party though.
I guess this is 1 time when a larger boat would have been a better option, sometimes small & friendly isn't always best I guess!

Offline jrichards1

Tourism agency
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 11:09:17 AM »
Last year Jerry's boat was £140/£160 private up to 14 people.

8 of us went £20 each. What can you spend £20 on these days? (thats a question im sure will be answered Ha)

Pick up drop off and fed. For an all day boat trip its very reasonible and you dont need to worry about others joining you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf