Author Topic: Homes from Hell - ITV 9pm Tuesday  (Read 8090 times)

Offline scorcher

Homes from Hell - ITV 9pm Tuesday
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2011, 21:31:39 PM »
Never say never Eric. You do a disservice to those of us who bring you documentary evidence of famines, droughts and war zones etc. I've been involved in this for 52 years, so get ever so slightly hacked of by this regular old chestnut. Oh and my dad was a fireman too but during the war if it helps my street cred !!

Offline objective observer

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 04:14:57 AM »
I thought it should be prat too, but changed it to repeat jukebox's original email. ;-)  I think you are both right, I think the media does a lot of good when it sticks to the objective truth but find that is not always their priority!!  Hats off to you scorcher if you still maintain that standard!!!

Offline Eric

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 17:40:45 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by scorcher

Never say never Eric. You do a disservice to those of us who bring you documentary evidence of famines, droughts and war zones etc. I've been involved in this for 52 years, so get ever so slightly hacked of by this regular old chestnut. Oh and my dad was a fireman too but during the war if it helps my street cred !!

OK, I will clarify that as my experiences with some of the news hounds that want to sensationalise a story or want gory details, all because "the public have a right to know".  I agree we have a right to know the truth about something but in that sense we should be given all the details and not a select few that can twist a story around.
Documentary reporters are a different animal.  I have the utmost respect for them.  Lets face it, would the Live Aid concerts have happened if it had not been for the documentary reporters?  Would a sane person go into a war zone, right into the thick of battle, armed only with a camera and a microphone?

Firemen during the war were a bunch of very brave people.  They tackled fires every day that, thankfully, some of today's Firefighters may never see throughout their career.  They developed tactics for searching collapsed buildings that were so effective we still use the principles today but with high tech equipment now.  So it does give your Dad a huge amount of street cred and respect :) You can have a bit if any of it has rubbed off onto you ;)

Offline scorcher

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2011, 19:29:07 PM »
Thanks Eric - fair enough !

Offline tony jenkins

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 12:48:20 PM »
Anyone who runs into a burning buiding, while everyone else is running out has my total respect.

Offline Harmless

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2011, 17:34:19 PM »
Mine too

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf