Author Topic: Aegean / H4U Go Bust  (Read 34031 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #230 on: August 31, 2011, 18:18:40 PM »
Gosh I cant believe it I had a call on Monday to say my account would be credited in the next few days and I have checked today it looks like my card that I booked the flights with has been credited, cant believe it as I only phoned the bank on Friday! Good luck folks in getting your refunds dealt with so swiftly :)

Offline steve marshall

• Hull, UK
Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #231 on: September 01, 2011, 09:12:38 AM »
ditto karennina.....rang yorkshire bank card services about flight i had booked for july 2012,now cancelled with agean....gave them the invoice/ref number.said because we paid for a service that will not be used,they credited my card in full within 24 hours......now to find new flights for £149 !!!!

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #232 on: September 01, 2011, 10:55:38 AM »
My first debit card refund of £270 from  CAA (ATOL) is already in the bank  8). Awaiting my second of £140. If my credit card people at Nationwide don't gee up they're due for an angry phone call[:(!]

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2011, 11:52:44 AM »
Had my 1st refund on my credit card back from LLoydsTSB
within a week.Have had the confirmation from ATOL that they have received my claim and am awaiting debit card refund.

Offline julesbob0303

Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2011, 12:30:37 PM »
After a lovely month in Calis (Aegean went bust a day or so after we arrived), we got home safely on an Onur Air flight on Tuesday morning, though it was a loooooong journey home!  (Have already written about this!)   :-\

I feel so sorry for all those people who didn't actually get to go on holiday, and for those who had weddings arranged (a local friend of a friend is getting married today, with most of her family unable to attend due to losing their flights).  I would have been absolutely gutted if this had happened a couple of days earlier.  Our holidays are what we work all year for, and much needed.  We had slight worries about getting back in time for hubby to return to work on Wednesday, but it all worked out ok in the end for us, unlike lots of other families.

It's now time to start my claims process for lost flights for next year.  Let's hope Barclaycard are helpful ......

Having lost two lots of flights with Cyprus Turkish airlines last year, and another lot through Goldtrail, can I just remind anyone about to book flights to contact me first to check I'm not with the same airline.  I'm obviously a jinx!  :D

Off to phone Barclaycard ....... wish me luck!

(By the way, had to wait 15 months for my refund from Goldtrail from the time of booking!  KTHY claim was much quicker.)

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2011, 16:49:53 PM »
Now have a refund for all three lost flights from Capital One.
Claim started on 10 August so fairly quickly settled up.
My only complaint is that their initial response(s) to the claim were disjointed and confusing.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2011, 00:01:16 AM »
Checked my account today and found my final £140 has been paid by ATOL :D Also got a letter from Nationwide credit card saying that my £584 has been recovered and will be back in my account in a couple of days :D All moneys recovered and all flights rebooked less than a month after crash, Fait Accomplis :D:D

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #237 on: September 03, 2011, 10:02:52 AM »
Although I made 2 claims on a single form, they seem to be administering them separately? this morning I have had notice that part payment of my total claim will be made within 14 days. Great Result !

Offline lynnj

Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #238 on: September 07, 2011, 12:54:34 PM »
Egg (now owned by Barclaycard) refunded me within 2 weeks of my sending an application form. I had 3 separate bookings (one was not even for me but for a friend to join us) and I was refunded in full including ATOL fee and credit card charge - all credited separately. :)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #239 on: September 07, 2011, 13:20:30 PM »
Full refund now in my bank for tickets paid for with debit card.
About 4 weeks total, well done CAA

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf