Author Topic: Aegean / H4U Go Bust  (Read 34032 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2011, 10:13:30 AM »
I phoned Tesco this morning as I hadn't heard from them.  A full refund was paid into my account four days from the receipt of my claim.
Well chuffed.
Less pleased at having to pay £655 for two flights though.  I've held off as long as possible hoping they would come down a bit but no luck.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2011, 23:29:52 PM »
I have just checked my Barclaycard statement online. I sent the forms in and they refunded the money within a couple of days. That was on 30th. They have not written or rang me to tell me its sorted though. Its the first time iv'e checked my statement and I am in credit.
I used Ian's letter as a template (on Page 20) so thank you Ian.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 23:32:28 PM by bewva »

Offline Steve A

Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #242 on: September 09, 2011, 09:08:23 AM »
Sent all my stuff to Barclaycard a 10 days ago registered delivery,didnt receive an acknowledgement so called them yesterday to find that they had creditted my card 3 days ago with the full amount and that a letter is on the way.They were quick to explain that this is a temporary reimbursement until it is investigated.At the same time sent stuff for other flights to Lloyds TSB Visa ,so rang them and they said they hadnt received anything although i have confirmation as it was faxed to them !They said they need the documents resendin before the end of September or I will not be reimbursed.I will ring today and tell them how wrong they are !Also at the same time faxed other docs to Lloyds TSB Visa Debit charge back however have not received any response from them,a phone call is needed methinks !

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2011, 17:09:44 PM »
Can I just ask, why are people sending their claims to their banks for debit card refunds, when ATOL are responsible for refunding payments? I have sent bank statements, tickets and booking invoices to ATOL today....but dont see any reason to chase my bank as I assumed ATOL would sort out any refunds. Am I wrong?? thanks.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2011, 17:28:46 PM »
No Sue you are not wrong. Debit card claims MUST be settled via Atol.

p.s. In our case they did so in under 4 weeks
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 22:42:31 PM by kenkay »

Offline biff052

Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2011, 16:33:17 PM »
We have now today received a credit from the CAA for 2 tickets paid on debit card. Yesterday received a credit from Tesco for 1 ticket paid on credit card and they promised to repay the other ticket that they forgot within 48 hours.  Virgin repaid a ticket paid on a credit card within a week of the claim going in in early September.
All good news except the price of the replacement tickets!

Offline kevman

Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2011, 09:47:13 AM »
I have also received my 2 payments back from CAA via Capitol One. Had a letter to say they would be paid in banks within 14 days but actually only took 4 days. Have managed to rebook with Thomas Cook and have paid £185 instead of £202 that I paid with Aegean. Still trying to match a flight for next year though that I paid £146 with Aegean..ok, we can't win them all. Thanks for the prompt repayment of monies though.

Offline Colin White

Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #247 on: September 26, 2011, 08:42:41 AM »
No luck at all with SAGA Plantinum. It appears they don't want to know. I sent them all the information on 1st September after several telephone calls where I was Mis-informed. I had a letter from them Friday to say that because I did not send them the information they needed, they were closing my claim. Fortunately, I had sent my documents recorded delivery, so they are now looking into this again. Anyone else had a problem with SAGA?

Offline kevman

Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2011, 06:49:20 AM »
Having just read the article on todays Fethiye times, I feel for Peter.
I booked both my tickets on line in Turkey last year  to fly Dalaman to England and back and have received both my refunds. Why then are some being denied because the journey starts here and not in the UK. Has anyone else come up against this ploy.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Aegean / H4U Go Bust
« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2011, 08:44:54 AM »
Yes that came as a pretty poor surprise to me too - it never once crossed my mind that ATOL cover is not relevant if your journey was Turkey to UK to Turkey. I'm pretty sure Aegean charged for ATOL protection for those bookings just like the ones that start in the UK.

Full story: http://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/44-news/6713-think-you-are-covered-under-the-atol-travel-protection-scheme.html

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf