Author Topic: Are we being stung with flights?  (Read 1199 times)

Offline micky mouse

Are we being stung with flights?
« on: August 27, 2011, 15:03:06 PM »
Just booked two return flights to dalaman for friend and other half with monarch who were the cheapest for that date,after looking at the confirmation out bound flights are with thomascook.How come have they merged?anyway going back to thomascook site the same out bound flight was cheaper,but when i put the same dates in they were dearer than monarch,and the return flights are with monarch,strange.

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 16:42:33 PM »
Thomas Cook has a large array of well known brands. They have now tied up with Cooprative Travel making one of the largest operators. Monarch is still independant but Thomas cook is using the airline for its bookings. From news reports Monarch would seem to be the best bet for cheap flights to Turkey in the future. Yes! Who knows what "cheap" will actually mean.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 17:15:06 PM »
If you compare flight prices for alternative holiday destinations of a similar distance (Canary Islands for example), you can see that Turkey flights are not overpriced. There was a price spike following the Aegean failure but that was all, and is passing. Rather than see it as prices to Turkey being a rip off lately, I think it is more that the good days of Aegean bringing prices down and competition up are sadly gone forever. I'm sure the likes of Thomson and Thomas Cook are glad to see the back of them because they carved the Turkey flight market up and caused the others to lose margin in  the process.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 08:04:12 AM »
I have never found monarch to be cheaper than any other operators to be honest.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf