Author Topic: meet Harvey  (Read 5538 times)

Offline janmack

meet Harvey
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 05:42:59 AM »
Great news that Harvey has found a loving home.  He used to live with a couple on the complex I live and he was such a character!  The couple gave him to his last owners who, unfortunately, had to return to the UK.  3rd time lucky for Harvey, I hope ;)

Offline Jenny Daly

meet Harvey
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 18:38:24 PM »
Ah I am so pleased he has got a home - I have been checking each day to see. Well done Carolyn for taking him.  We come over in Feb 2012 we already have a dog but I could take them all when you hear the sad stories and you look at their faces.  Best of luck Harvey - hope you will be happy again.

Offline Carolyn1957

meet Harvey
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 07:25:23 AM »
I hope so too Jenny. He's settling in well. Very affectionate and pretty placid. Our two bitches love him and even our other male has accepted he's here to stay! He's got perfect manners and thankfully as he's such a big dog, he doesn't jump up or lick!

He did earn a rather large black mark last week when he tried to follow me when my friend picked me up to go out - he managed to jump the one part of our wall we didn't think necessary to fence. Luckily I was oblivious until after the event when my husband telephoned to say he'd spent hours riding round on the scooter looking for him, getting stopped by the police into the bargain (only a document check thankfully). I don't know what would have happened if he had seen him - I have a picture of Harvey riding pillion with his ears streaming out behind him!

When Mike finally got home Harvey was sitting in the garden waiting for him!

We are waiting for the "metal man" to turn up this morning to do the fencing and to make our gate higher but as the rain continues I think Harvey will only be allowed out on supervised trips into the garden for a while longer yet!

Offline june

meet Harvey
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 15:02:27 PM »
Aww Carolyn, He sounds such a good boy, and your other dogs sound lovely as well to have accepted him as well as they have, just a fab ending...although the monkey jumping the wall...but the lovely lad went home....so sweet..x

Offline Carolyn1957

meet Harvey
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 17:28:16 PM »
He's entered into next year's Grand National June!

You wouldn't think he'd got the energy to jump the wall. All he's done today is sit in one of the armchairs and alternate between wagging his tail and barking gently in his sleep!

Offline cheers

meet Harvey
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 21:16:25 PM »
He obviously knows what a good home means then :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf