Author Topic: Parcel refused by customs police  (Read 2924 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Parcel refused by customs police
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 19:27:51 PM »
They've fulfilled their obligation as far as delivery is concerned. Unfortunately, the fact that the goods have been seized by customs is your problem, not the carrier's. Don't expect a refund.

You should always read the Terms & Conditions before engaging a delivery company. It's just the same as buying insurance. Most people don't bother to read the T&C's of the policy until something goes wrong.

If the goods have been seized at Fethiye it may be worthwhile getting a Turkish friend to make an appointment for you with the manager there. He speaks reasonable English, but I'll warn you now, he's not a great fan of English bureaucrats as he had his visa application turned down a few years ago and he also doesn't take too kindly to foreigners who don't make an effort to speak Turkish. You may be able to charm him though.

Offline Pauline4Pete

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 11:42:25 AM »
Well hats off to British Corner Shop who did offer a full refund for none delivery of the parcel which was still sitting in PTT 7 weeks after arriving in Fethiye having been cleared by customs in Istanbul on 3rd September.
After two visits to customs and PTT and correspondence between Parcel Force and PTT we were told empahatically no way where we getting it and it would be sent back to uk before end of October.
Therefore imagine my surprise when I received a phone call from the PTT yesterday telling me to come to the office pay 2.5 TL and take the parcel. Being very sceptical I didnt jump up and down with delight at that stage.
I arrived at the PTT at 9.45 this morning to be greeted with a smile and was promptly give the said parcel with all contents in tact. I did however tell my friend who was carrying the 25KG box to run when we got outside just incase the changed there mind lol.
I am not sure why they called an amnesty on this occasion but I am happy and relieved that it was resolved with no financial loss to those involved.  Will I be doing it again.........not on your life.

Offline screamlead

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 16:47:57 PM »
Great result! - i was thinking of doing an order for xmas, but seriously giving that a miss now. Mrs off over for 2 months next month so excess baggage will het hammerd instead -mmm which port to get?

Offline busybee

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 20:22:43 PM »
So glad for you Pauline, what a drama...........Enjoy every morsel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf