Author Topic: S G K Health Insurance FIASCO - Urgent  (Read 37651 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
S G K Health Insurance FIASCO - Urgent
« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2012, 17:00:01 PM »
Just for the record, when CBF member expats asked UK insurer Staysure for medical cover quotes for Brits living abroad, I recall it was around £300 per month (for a couple) [ http://www.staysure.co.uk/overseas/medical-insurance ] - so if it helps, relatively 212 TL isn't bad...

Offline saoirse

« Reply #271 on: January 21, 2012, 17:04:00 PM »
Apparently Germans dont have to pay this new health charge so at least thats a bit of good news amongst the gloom.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #272 on: January 21, 2012, 17:09:48 PM »
Not for you, Herr Donnelly :D

Offline braveheart

« Reply #273 on: January 21, 2012, 17:19:49 PM »

@Braveheart, it looks like owners of a 5 years residence permit will be dealing with the compulsory SGK. It costs 212 TL per month.
[/quote]

That being the case there is NO way that I will agree to pay TL212 per month for the next 5 years unless I am sure that it is time/money well spent and all is transparent
Surely you can cancel your residency agreement depending on circumstances (no-one can forsee the future)
Maybe maximum to go for is 12 months - by that time  the left hand will know what the right hand is doing

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #274 on: January 21, 2012, 17:22:07 PM »
That wouldn't make any sense since the Germans are the ones that have always lived in this country without insurance.
Their Krankenkasse isn't valid in Turkey.

Offline braveheart

« Reply #275 on: January 21, 2012, 17:48:11 PM »
Can I get a RP on a monthly basis?

Offline dinger

« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2012, 17:52:25 PM »
Milliemars,the SGK office had no interest at all in how long our current RP was for, or for that matter any of the other UK couples who were there. Ours was for one year, i think the others were three years.As ive posted earlier he would not register us because non of the couples there had one full year left on our RP

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2012, 18:05:18 PM »
Our RP runs out in September 2012. Will there be something in writing to say that we went to register but couldnt because of this? We dont want to get the fine. Sorry if this seems a but thick. Would a stoke 20 years ago count as a pre existing medical condition.?

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2012, 18:50:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mercury

Our RP runs out in September 2012. Will there be something in writing to say that we went to register but couldnt because of this? We dont want to get the fine. Sorry if this seems a but thick. Would a stoke 20 years ago count as a pre existing medical condition.?

Everything is so confused, we just renewed our RP for 3 years in August 2011 so haven't completed a full year (on this visa) but have been here 4 years. Some say they aren't looking at previous RP's others say it's if you have more than a year to go on current RP.

As you asked just what is considered pre-existing, hubby had a mild heart attack 8 years ago, no surgery involved just daily meds to keep his BP and cholesterol under control, I'am Ceoliac and apart from a gluten free diet need only a B12 injection every 3 months and I take Osteocare (Calcium, Zinc, D3) otherwise we are both very well and do not need ongoing medical treatment.

Whilst we have no problems with complying with the new law, if it is fair, as things are looking it's hardly reciprocal to the NHS services available to legal residents in the UK.

We will go and register, simply to avoid the astronomical fine but so much needs clarifying.

Offline busybee

« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2012, 21:02:32 PM »
We have a 3 year residency which we took out in Sept do we still have to register by the 31st Jan or do we wait until we have had it a year.  Dont get back to Turkey till 28th so will have to get skates on if this is the case.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf