Author Topic: Istanbul trip  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Firo

Istanbul trip
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 22:23:54 PM »
The original Galata Bridge does not exist any more, only the beginning of the piers are still there. The New Galata Bridge is where all the traffic crosses and has great fish restaurants underneath.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Istanbul trip
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 22:45:56 PM »
Near the Galata bridge there were stalls that were serving what I would call a fish sandwich. It was beautiful and only 3TL. Cheapest lunch I have ever had.

Went to the Topkapi palance and as we were leaving it I got tapped on the shoulder and it was 2 soldiers with machine guns. I did not know what the hell I did. One of the soldiers said to me 'you are from Fethiye,do you remember me' I did not remember him but when he took his beret off I recognised him.

All of it was great. I was impressed by the Sultanahmet. More because of the building of it. When it was built it must have been one of the wonders of the world.

Offline Fran

Istanbul trip
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 10:02:50 AM »
We went to Istanbul 3 weeks ago, loved it. Try and get to Istikal Street(Taxim Sq) in the evening its an experience, never seen so many people on one street. Also loved Aya Sofia and Dolmabache Palace. If you go to Dolmabache try and get there early, as all the tours are conducted, and they only let so many people in per day.
 :)

Offline Libra

Istanbul trip
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 07:51:43 AM »
Visiting "Miniaturk" might be another option , if you have spare time : http://www.miniaturk.com.tr/en/index.php

It 's the turkish version of Holland's Madurodam.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf