Author Topic: Taking my dog back to the uk.  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Taking my dog back to the uk.
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 12:17:02 PM »
The telephone number for Defra is 01228 403600/
I do not know of an airline from Turkey that will transport a dog to England now.

Offline scouser2

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 09:09:09 AM »
Happy to say that our much loved dog is back home in the U.K. She very nearly didn't make it as 1 piece of documentation did not have my full name on it, and we didn't find out until we arrived at the airport. Thank God that my Thomas Cook flight had been delayed for over 2 hours, and that our vet had accompanied us to the airport. He dashed back to Fethiye, got the document corrected, and dashed back in time to see us safely on our way.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »
Oh great news.  Quite a drama though.  What a smashing Vet, who was he?  I hope you are very happy back in the UK  :)

Offline BM06

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 09:35:22 AM »
Christine, can I ask how much in total did this adventure cost and what airport in the UK you flew to with TC [?] I have contacted TC and they informed me they had no facility at Dalaman to export animals to the uk[?] they said I had to get to Greece or Bulgaria to fly my dog to the UK (puzzled)any infomation would be much appreciated. and again well done. :D

Offline scouser2

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 09:53:38 AM »
Our vet is based in Ovacik.His name is Mustafa, phone number 0535 6292 080.He did all innoculations, blood tests etc, and did all the paperwork.He also arranged for her wooden crate to be made according to British and Turkish requirements. He put us in touch with Ladyhay phone number 0044 1342 8321 61, who deal with animal travel.
It wasnt cheap to bring the dog back. I cannot remember what the vets charges were, but remember thinking that wasn't over the top expensive.Her crate cost aprox £300 and her flight cost £650, but it was worth every penny.

Offline BM06

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »
Thanks Christine, much appreciated, your a star  ;):D

Offline cobbydalers

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 15:44:11 PM »
Can recommend Mustafa for any aspect of animal care,we have used him for 5 years he,s especially helpful with street cats and dogs at least he has been with us.He has a newly opened clinic on the main road in Tasyaka next to the pharmacy.

Offline Angelic

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 06:53:48 AM »
We can also recommend Mustafa, we have used him for 7 years now. Unfortunatley he had to put one of our cats to sleep last week and he was so caring and helpful to us, he wouldnt even be paid on the day said it wasnt the right time. He has just done tests on our other three cats and thank God they dont have iFP which is what Buddy died of.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf