Author Topic: A Memorial For Peecee From Us...?  (Read 8968 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
A Memorial For Peecee From Us...?
« on: January 09, 2012, 14:53:39 PM »
The very sad loss of Claire (peecee) recently happened to reveal just how much her contributions on CBF touched people and were appreciated, especially her sense of humour. I had an idea to arrange something to be sent for the funeral but it is tomorrow.

Claire was a supporter of Animal Aid and I thought a fitting tribute would be something that benefits the good work done there. I spoke with Andy/Tinx and we (eventually) came up with a picnic style table with a message from us all - either as a plaque or carved into the wood. This would be both useful and be there hopefully for a very long time.

If members agree that is a good idea, and would like to make a contribution, we have come up with two ways:

1. Using the CBF/Paypal donate page (which was to sell T shirts) @ http://calis-beach.co.uk/cbf2010tshirts.htm - there is a donate button and an explanation on how it is done (and how people without a paypal account can donate)

and

2. Andy will be arranging a collection at the weekly Winehouse night in Uzumlu (and I think money raised that night from the general shenanigans that go on) - that is Tuesday next week (not tomorrow).

I hope we have come up with a fitting tribute to a lady who CBF will miss, and however small or large, your contribution will be very much appreciated.

As a footnote I must say, if you donate via paypal, please drop me a line if you would expressly prefer a mention of your donation, or indeed expressly prefer not to have any mention of it at all - I am the King of putting my foot in it.

Thanks!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 15:18:04 PM »
The idea is to place the picnic bench at the Shelter, if we can get enough money we could also put something into Uzumlu if anyone has any ideas.
I have to ok this with Sena at the Winehouse first but I think next weeks takings from the quiznight can be donated to the cause, so if you would like to donate please turn up and have a fun night with us all.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 15:25:59 PM »
What a lovely idea Keith.  Any idea where the table will be sited?
My donation is on the way

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 15:55:29 PM »
Not a good idea - a great idea and fitting tribute.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 16:20:24 PM »
I also think it's a lovely idea and I am sure Claire is looking down and will be really happy with this table which will be a fitting tribute to her and keep her in peoples memories.
I have donated and it says "School Computer Fund" however, I am sure you know where I want the money to go on this occasion Keith?
Thanks Jacqui.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 16:21:11 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 16:26:53 PM »
Yes - the donations all come to the same place, it's just a pain to have to set up a new cause every time. The page says school computer fund as that was the original one. It is now concluded so any donations coming will be for this. Thanks to all so far for the donations.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 17:03:17 PM »
I too think that the table and bench is a lovely thought. Should there be any monies left over would it be an idea to name one of the recuperation pens after her or buying special recovery eqipment that is needed ?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 17:16:42 PM »
Great idea. I'm at work now and can't donate from this computer but will do so when I recover from our impending game at Arsenal tonight - probably tomorrow morning if we lose and next Friday if we win ;-)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 18:44:33 PM »
Lovely idea Keith, have donated via your link,

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 19:05:37 PM »
Tinx your post wasn't showing when I asked the question.  I like the idea of a wee extra something in Uzumlu too

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf