Author Topic: Cancellation/name changes on T Cook & Easyjet  (Read 1396 times)

Offline raff

Cancellation/name changes on T Cook & Easyjet
« on: January 14, 2012, 09:10:41 AM »
Has anyone had any recent experience of either cancelling or changing names on flights on T. Cook or Easyjet? I did think that you wouldn't get any money back if you had to cancel a flight but thought it would just be a matter of paying £20 to get the name changed. But I have looked on both their websites - Easyjets terms & conditions are impossible to understand and T.Cook aren't much better - except that T.Cook charges between £20-£30 to change the name PLUS any extra money that the flight has gone up by! I just think these companies have us stitched up in all directions - I have some flights booked for may which I can't use but will lose a lot of money even if I do manage to sell them on to someone else!

Offline raygans

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 18:54:22 PM »
Hi,we had to change a name on a tc flight last august they charged £50 for the pleasure lol

Offline martinp2502

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 20:28:03 PM »
I looked into changing a flight with Easyjet the other day. If you log into your booking and click to amend the booking you can make all the changes and get the revised price and then cancel the transaction before you confirm them. On our booking the change was £35 pp plus any difference in the flight price (we were changing the date).

I think they may have raised the amendment fees again recently, they make a heap of money on the changes people make. Makes me laugh that they call it an admin fee because we do the changes online and there is no effort on their behalf.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 20:29:18 PM by martinp2502 »

Offline raygans

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 23:20:23 PM »
Hi,we had a name change with tc last august cost us £50

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 12:34:26 PM »
I got an email from Monarch airlines last night informing me of time changes to my flights in September. The email said that if I wanted to confirm my acceptance of the changes I was to "click on the link below" but no link was included. The next line said if I was having trouble with the link then just ring the Customer Service department. I rang them this morning and got a message that there was going to be a 10p per minute charge. I hung on for 14 minutes before giving up. So far it's cost me £1.40 to achieve absolutely nothing. Ever get the feeling you are being scammed?[:(!]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf