Author Topic: Bozalan School  (Read 5083 times)

Offline hazel dorrington

Bozalan School
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 09:51:39 AM »
Hard to believe this poor school is so lacking but so close in distance to all us holiday makers. It does bring tears to your eyes and so pleased that the 3C's have stepped in. We may think that we are going through hard times with the recession but most of us don't even know what hard times really are.

Offline Jenny Daly

Bozalan School
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 14:53:03 PM »
Fantastic work!! Well done to all of you - great photos, so good to see an end result.  What a kind man to pledge the money for the heating system. You have our support and look forward to your next function.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Bozalan School
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 16:18:41 PM »
Rehearsals are going on as we speak Jenny. shhh!!!

Offline Captain Squiffy

• Mr Permafrost
  • Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Bozalan School
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 15:54:37 PM »
I have just spoken to one of the teachers at Bozalan school and she said that their most desprate need at the moment is new toilets for the children. As you know, at the moment the only toilets they have is the outside block, with no water, only what they can get from the portable water tank positioned in what we laughingly call the playground. Also,the windows of the toilets are all broken and as you know the weather is pretty cold up there. It takes me back 60 years to my small primary school toilet facilities.

So if anyone out there knows a kind, philanthropic builder/plumber who can help these kids out, please let Keith or Chrissie know the we can get something done as quickly as possible.

All the fixtures and fittings are at the school, they just need plumbing in and a water supply connecting.

Thanks again for all your support and encouragement for what we are doing for some very wonderful but disadvantaged children.

Captain Squiffy AKA Peter Clark.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 16:00:44 PM by Captain Squiffy »

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Bozalan School
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 13:34:09 PM »
Did you get a plumber Pete?  
I do hope someone came forward to help

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bozalan School
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 14:05:03 PM »
We have builders who are keen to help with the project, the problem is that the location of the school doesn't really allow local Calis/Fethiye based companies to send staff for an hour or two when things aren't busy - getting there and back is a job in itself. Heading into the last couple of months of building being allowed in the resorts also means they are busy getting new projects ready for new buyers before the construction ban comes in for the summer season.

Our timing couldn't be worse on this - the best we can hope for is probably a builder/developer closer to the location of the school - any help on that gratefully received of course.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Bozalan School
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 19:00:46 PM »
are there no ex pats willing to spare an hour or two to help?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bozalan School
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 19:26:58 PM »
Well that is something else that crossed my mind - but I am not sure if putting toilets in is a job for a competent DIYer or maybe there are some retired expat plumbers around - anyone know?

Offline jacqtay

Bozalan School
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 22:46:01 PM »
I know that this is just my thoughts at the moment...IF and when we visit Calis this year , would the school accept manual labour from my family ( painting , joinery, small handy work ).
We as a family 3kids would and are willing to offer our time to them.
If in some way we could give extra help/time/money then please lett us know.
Well done to Scunner and CCC for making us aware.

Please tell me if Iam being rude regarding this as I think I could give more than money to help theese kids.
Sorry if I am reading things the wrong way.

Offline jacqtay

Bozalan School
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 15:22:03 PM »
well iam happy to say that my kids are happy to give up play peice money £3 per day from my 3 kids.
Its not alot.
I read them the comments of others on here and showed them the pics.
Young kids have a nack of asking questions that sometimes we adaults cant explain.
more money to the kids.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf