Author Topic: Wild Boar  (Read 2532 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Wild Boar
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 19:24:08 PM »
Farmer, the question was about Boar Hunting around Calis Beach NOT Eastern Anatolia or the Black Sea region as in your link.

Offline Cennet

Wild Boar
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 20:23:41 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KKOB

I wouldn't go boar hunting with a Turk. They're too bloody wild and dangerous. ( I mean the Turks, not the boar.)

Easy KKOB your get labeled a racist...Strangely quite methinks  :)

Offline farmer

Wild Boar
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 20:47:38 PM »
OK, if you want the detail, here it is.

The nearest Pro-Organised Wild Boar hunt I have come across was in Cenger, November 2006.
This was a small party of 3 "Hunters" and 4 "Guides". The hunters were German. All the parties concerned wore photo ID's and what appeared to me multi-signed Permits.

The nearest "Private" shoot was near the "Old Trail" off the Kayakoy - Fethiye road. This was led by a Police Sergeant from the Fethiye main Police Station. He identified himself to me when he told me to turn my motorbike round and get back to the main road "simdi". Approx Oct 2006.

The nearest place to Calis Beach where have seen a freshly shot Wild boar was when shown one by the owner of a seaside bar in Koca Calis. It was really only "suckling" beast. The Bar owner was very upset - he told us he had sent his dog to recover the prey from the scrub, bur it had been attacked and killed by the sow.  He showed both my Wife and I the suckling Boar: obvious gunshot wound to the head and rigor mortis not yet set in. I guess this was a private hunt.

These are events I have witnessed.

So the answer to the original post, it would seem to be yes. There are many " Hunting" expedition companies in turkey, and at seems that some of them are prepared to mount a expedition to anwhere that they can obtain the appropriate permissions; at a price.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Wild Boar
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 08:33:38 AM »
many of the villagers in uzumlu hunt....and we are often woken in the night by gunshots in the olive groves.  If you know the right people to ask a haunch or two can often be bought.  So its probably down to how well do you know people and how well do you trust people enough to go shooting with them !  I love our Turkish neighbours, but not sure i want to be out in the middle of the night with them and a bunch of rifles !!!  scareeeyyyy !!!   ;):D

Offline H01322

Wild Boar
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 12:56:30 PM »
Thanks so much for all your replies.  As background someone who is thinking of renting our apartment has asked if this kind of hunting is available locally.  It's not something I'd like to do!

Offline tony

Wild Boar
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 13:04:25 PM »
Save the wild boar.........Anyone?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 13:05:09 PM by tony »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf