Author Topic: 50 % price increase in Fethiye big boat trips  (Read 10179 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
50 % price increase in Fethiye big boat trips
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2012, 08:32:19 AM »
I'm  confused as Hamish from Baris boat that we went on told us it was all a cooperative now, and that all big boats are 50tl.
are Carol & Tayfun not classed as a big boat along with e others?

No sign of them in any case, only 3 ticket sellers all charging the same.

The Calis boats are charging 350 per boat and take up to  12 people.

I fully understand the need to cover costs etc etc, but price hike is huge and quality poor in relation to Calis boats, which was my point, nothing to do with being an ex pat that feels I'm owed anything!

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
They tried the co-operative idea a few years ago; you booked on a smaller boat & then you turned up you were put on one of the huge boats. It fell by the wayside, as there were so many complaints

Offline thebillet

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2012, 20:32:53 PM »
We fell victim to the small boat booking big boat sailing scam, while we sat on the small boat for the best part of an hour they then tried shifting us to the large boat which had been filling up for the last hour and had only tiny cramped spaces left, I got my money back and booked for the next day with Carole and Tayfun...and they did the same thing. I hate the hassle and have only been when a group of friends gets together and books a whole boat.

Offline WendyA

Re: 50 % price increase in Fethiye big boat trips
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 16:24:47 PM »
I think it depends on how desperate they are!  Baris said they would take us for £10 (although advertising more),actually charging us 30TL.  We asked about Efes prices and were told they were 6TL on board.  When I pulled a face he said, just say I said you could pay 5TL.  They also picked us up and returned us to Calis.  Food was not exceptional, but fine.  i don't think you can really complain about a day out and plenty of food for that price!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 18:17:49 PM »
we went on a boat trip today 33ytl and loads of food that was tasty

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2012, 04:46:44 AM »
We went on jerrys boat yesterday and he charged us 40 Lira each,personally I found the food average, there were 13 of us and he asked if we would take on 4 strangers, as it would make no difference to our charge we all said no, had he offered us a 5 lira discount he would have had another 160 Lira plus all their drink money.

A great day out with great friends 8)

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2012, 07:35:15 AM »
I have to agree with tinx, I have done 3 boat trips this year, 1 from Calis, 1 on a boat near Jerry's boat and Jerry boat yesterday, all very much the same food wise, on Jerry's we were just taken to where they wanted to go, on the other 2 we were asked if we had any preferences to where we wanted to go. I have to say in fairness, Jerry was not on our boat, but it did basically follow him on the other boat. The main difference was the food, we have come to expect Jerry to be that much better and pay a little bit more for it, yesterday Jerry was 40tl other trips we have been on were 35tl.

But it was a great day out with friends.

Offline grizabella

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2012, 08:14:22 AM »
Noticed one of the smaller boats in Fethiye advertising 150 pounds for the boat for the day and the maximum he took was 10 people.It was a lovely boat,no loud music,plenty of sunbeds or places in the shade to sit and very clean toilets......yes we had a look around.By my calculations at todays rate  this comes to around 40tl per person.Worth thinking about if your party comes to around 10 people.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 08:27:43 AM »
I agree, wonderful day out with friends but the food was disappointing.
We even had to ask for more than 1 piece of garlic bread each.
And the person who booked it specifically asked to be taken to quiet bays but we hooked up alongside everyone else.
Can't beat  Yasar's Calis boat Tanem in my opinion, have tried them all over the years and his food leaves the rest in the shade.

Offline janmack

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »
Oh no...very disappointed to hear Jerry's food wasn't up to scratch :(  What a shame.  We have always rated him and recommended him to many people over the years. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf