Author Topic: Looking for some advise please.  (Read 3813 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Looking for some advise please.
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 12:53:27 PM »
lol   :D

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 15:28:37 PM »
I pay 10 lira for a pedicure, but in Fethiye you would pay 30 for both ideally. The hotel do it, but you will cost more.

Nichola is right about the shave though, I have a haircut, wash and blow dry and eyebrow thread and I'm finished way before my husband's haircut and shave. They certainly pamper the men more here!

My friends stayed at the hotel this May and paid 75 lira for a taxi into Fethiye and of course they will wait for you to bring you back. They used the dolmus for say the market, but the taxi if they were going into Fethiye at night.

Offline skiver

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 16:44:57 PM »
I think it was a lot cheaper at bootys in Hisaronu for all the pampering last year. I'll even admit to having my hand and toe nails being done!
Agree with the comments on the shave and haircut aswell. They took that long i thought i'd need another shave when i got back to the villa.
I''m also a little suprised by the taxi costs although i don't know how remote the hotel is and how long it takes to drive to Calis or Fethiye.
Even though we have gone all inclusive this year i need to get out so may look at car hire. That hour long walk along the coastline to Calis is up my street and will help burn off the beer.
Has any of you done that walk? Just wondering if it is a straight forward stroll or will i encounter some rock climbing etc.

Thanks again everyone.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 17:11:52 PM »
I believe, never having done it myself, but have been told by those that have that the walk from Çaliş to Fethiye is a pleasant amble taking about 1 to 1 and a half hours...

I think Hotlips is right about the prices being 10TL.

I prefer Goldfinger in Hissy myself for both manicure and pedicure and I make the trek (in my car) as I have never found anywhere yet in Fethiye that makes the effort they do and the finish is much better and lasts much longer. Plus they have air con   :)

I happily pay the extra for a better quality job.

Offline skiver

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 17:45:22 PM »
Thanks Nichola. Is goldfinger tucked away some where or is it easy enough to find? I know bits of Fethiye from our previous 2 holidays. The main market, burger king, and the big open air fish market/resteraunt. My wife thinks it was 36 lira at bootys for the full monty and they did do a very good long lasting job. Just need to keep her away from the jewllers now!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 18:47:40 PM »
if you are in Calis there is a good little shop by the Meeting Point think it is right next door to the kebab place that I believe is called Frank Cannon's called Gok and Ay the lady does pedicure manicure threading etc and her hubby does the men's shave and haircut and all the trimmings. pedicure is normaly 20tl and  manicure either 10 or 15tl.always come away happy with what I get done.  :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 21:36:51 PM »
Gold Finger has two shops but they are both up the hill... one is in Hisarönü itself on the right hand side as you walk down from the main roundabout with another shop in Ovacık opposite what used to be the school on the right hand side also but before you get to the roundabout assuming you are coming from Fethiye.

I'd like to be able to recommend somewhere in Fethiye but I'm afraid I can't.

Although I know you probably won't want to go that far (but just in case) and for anyone else here is their Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/gold.fingerhisaronuovacik

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 21:40:56 PM »
Tell your wife to get shellac put on her nails.  It costs a bit more but it lasts about 4 weeks!!  It's brilliant.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 11:41:41 AM »
18 Lira is standard for a pedicure and at Soner Kuafor in Fethiye it is 15TL for a cut and blow dry. He does an excellent job. You need to book for the pedicure and manicure as his wife is always busy. Not a glamorous shop but the best haiorcut and best pedicure around. Back of the PTT in Fethiye. It has SONER on the window.

Offline skiver

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 19:10:55 PM »
A big thank you for all your replies. 4 weeks today and we will be there, i can't wait. This will be our first all inclusive stay at a hotel so i'm hoping the Majesty Tuana meets our needs. The wife knows i cannot sit still for to long so i will be venturing out and about. Our last 2 visits to Turkey have always been coupled with a car. I'm more of a beach person than sitting round the pool all day. My driving license will be packed with my passport!!
Roll on the Turkish sun....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf