Author Topic: Are there no levels to which con men wont stoop?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
Are there no levels to which con men wont stoop?
« on: July 30, 2012, 19:01:49 PM »
Are there no levels to which the con men won't stoop to? I just received this email.

My Dear Brother,

Assalaamalaikum

I am Ahmed Dawoud (Egyptian) living in Homs, Syria. I lost my parents, two sisters, and relations with our family assets/house during the recent war in Syria. I was just lucky to be alive after participating in the protest. The civil war in Syria is growing more apparent as the conflict steadily intensifies between the Alawite-dominated regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and the mainly Sunni rebel Free Syrian Army. At the start of the rebellion before this tragedy, my late father who was a businessman who dealt on GOLD & DIAMONDS and made good savings from his business, withdrew all his money from the bank and packaged it in a box labeled as GOLD & DIAMOND but concealed in it is the sum of USD12 million in cash. The box was safely moved out of Syria with the help of a Diplomat, for safety of the funds due to the rebellion against the government as he was an anti-Bashar al-Assad and supported the protesters. He did not want Bashar al-Assad barbaric government to seize his funds at the bank.

I seek your urgent cooperation to take delivery and keep safe the box/funds and assist me relocate to your country as i am presently stranded here and have no access to it. Presently I have receive email from the diplomat confirming he has safely moved the box away and deposited it safely at a diplomatic courier warehouse abroad. I am writing you to assist me receive this box in your country, and keep safely for me until I am able to relocate from here. You have my permission/authority to collect 20% of the funds on receiving it, for your timely assistance. Please indicate your readiness to assist me immediately so that all the information about this box will be passed to you immediately. Send to me immediately the following information; 1. your names, contact address, and telephone numbers. 2. Date of birth, occupation, sex, marital status and identification copy for documentation purposes. As soon as I receive your reply mail I shall forward your information to the diplomatic courier company abroad to contact you for the delivery of the box to you as my proxy. I shall send you the Power of Attorney to present to the diplomatic courier company so that they can release the box to you. Please help me and reply me immediately you receive this mail via my email: aaadd3@9.cn

Your friend in need,

Ahmed Dawoud

(Syria)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Re: Are there no levels to which con men wont stoop?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 19:27:12 PM »
it's Pinochio! am med of wood ;D

Offline BlackAdder

Re: Are there no levels to which con men wont stoop?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 12:32:28 PM »
I used to "bait" these people, essentially to waste their time but to have a bit of fun with them too and to answer the original question, no, there are no depths to which they will not stoop; I have had them saying I should send them money rather than spend it on medicines for a dying relative and many similar things.
They are utter scum.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf