Author Topic: Electricity Prices 2012  (Read 4699 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Re: Electricity Prices 2012
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 01:03:01 AM »
All you need is just one irresponsible renter to ruin it for others.  There is a member on here with an apartment they rented only to learn at their cost that the renters wanted to return to a nice cool apartment so left it on when they went out, sometimes to sit by the pool.   

Offline quackers

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 05:52:25 AM »
We have renters near our vılla that leave the aırcon on all day and are out ın the pool. Or leave ıt on all evenıng when they are out and all nıght when the are asleep. Or just leave ıt on 24/7. We asked them why and the reactıon ıs 'we have paıd for ıt and ıt keeps the vılla cool when ıt ıs so hot'. They are payıng 700 pound a week for the vıllas .

Offline mac2010

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 10:11:57 AM »
One of my n/bours rented his apartment out for 2wks and I noticed that the guest left the aircons running 24/7 .I told him and he asked them not to do this.His electric bill just came and it is 259tl..Wow..

Offline hillside

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 10:32:27 AM »
Is it not £ 42

and Maths is my strong point- it was a typo - honest!!! As I said we must be lucky with considerate renters. I often say to people who are renting other properties 'oh look you seem to have left the aircon on and all the doors and windows open' Very rarely does it have any affect! I know it only takes one inconsiderate renter and when/if I get one I may change my mind, but the owner must have factored in some cost for electric when they set their rental prices and although electricity prices have increased I cant believe they've increased £42 a week!

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 10:44:47 AM »
I rented our neighbours Apt for 10 days for my niece and her boyfriend 2 years ago.(It was her 18th birthday present).They went out every night to Hisaronu, only returning after 8 am to sleep. On the 8th night I noticed that there was water dripping onto my terrace. I let myself in and was really shocked to find that all 7 aircon units were on, and all the terrace doors were open.When I got the electric bill, I was even more shocked to find it was about 20TL more than my monthly bill.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 10:48:29 AM »
When we were out a few weeks ago someone renting one of the other apartments on site had the aircon on all day even when they went out during the day. Apart from charging extra I cannot see a way of policing this. The hotels tried by getting people to put the room card in a slot on the wall for aircon and lights as it s easy to leave these on when you are not paying..........and sod the environment!!!!

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 12:53:01 PM »
The key slots where they control the electricity to the property on leaving and entering are not fool proof and easily by passed.  it boils down to trust or a harsh payment upfront.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 12:57:20 PM »
Yes I'd agree - it isn't difficult to see if the aircon is on so ask your property management people to knock the door if they pass and there are no signs of life but the aircon is going. It's no different to breaking your sunbeds - it is careless and wasteful and should be deducted from any breakage cover payment.

Another one I'd add is having people stay (e.g. barmen...) in your property. You rent it to a couple, a family of 6 or whatever - and that should be that.

Offline GlennB

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 15:31:12 PM »
We have an electric saver slot and found that renters were taking the card of the key ring and leaving it in the slot while they were out leaving air on on, so we bought small padlocks from the market and padlocked saver card to front door key, that stopped that little problem. People I have renting at the moment asked for two sets of keys so they could come home to a cool apartment, like that was going to happen!! I have however found on line a card operated electric meter for about £75.00 cards are 100 for £20.00, you can get different values of card and can set the tariff for the electric cost, my thoughts are to run the air con through this they would then have to purchase pre paid cards and then if they wanted to leave it on all day then they can fill their boots  :)

Offline hillside

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 18:08:06 PM »
I started to look for information last year on a sensor for the AC units. If theres no movement for a specified time, say 20 minutes they switch off - dont know what happens if you're a still sleeper - they go off and you wake up hot I suppose. When I asked our Management company about them he said they're more trouble than they're worth (for him I suppose) and pointed out our electric bills are not high anyway so the cost to buy and fit them would take along time to recoup.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf