Author Topic: The not so nice side of Calis  (Read 10777 times)

Offline mac2010

Re: The not so nice side of Calis
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 07:32:37 AM »
Can she ride a moped. :o

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 23:12:50 PM »
what a night ,we are glad to hear you have overcome the incidents

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 09:27:15 AM »
As part of our village community watch we have made various enquiries re personal protection, below is the last information advice we were given.

Pepper spray is available to buy legally and to carry in puplic, you can get one from the hunting shop next to the fish market for instance, they cost around 25 Lira and would recommend anyone who feels unsafe to carry one for their protection or keep indoors.

Re shooting someone, not sure where it has been said it is legal from the waist down but we have enquired with the Jandarma and been informed if someone breaks into your house, only if they enter your bedroom is it legal to shoot them and they must also be armed with some sort of weapon to justify force used, it is not legal for members of the public to carry any firearms in public unless they are enroute to or from hunting or competition or for maintenance/sale and even then the gun should be in a case whilst transporting and you are supposed to have a hunting permit also, although it appears like most rules it is not enforced!

Forigners are also not permitted to purchase a handgun without a permit from the police with valid reason for needing one (apparently personal protection is not a valid reason) but can purchase a shotgun/rifle over the counter by showing the original and submitting a photocopy of their passport at the gun shop.

It is harder to get a permit to have a trailer on your car than purchase a shotgun here!! :D

Offline sunlover

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 17:53:43 PM »
We actually find carrying a small metal torch with a bright beam on it usefull, they never like to know we  can see there faces, and have always shone one at people coming towards us to make them aware we have it on us, so far so good  :)

Offline Firo

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 19:07:08 PM »
Sorry to read this post Anne and we're so glad you are both ok but you must have been frightened. Hope to see you soon x

Offline Harmless

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 18:17:10 PM »
Outrageous.  I am glad you are ok but very sorry such a thing happened to you.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2012, 21:55:56 PM »
Anne. Trainer told us about this, it also happened to him, he went after them and they got off, also heard there had been quite alot of fighting going on in calis, but they do their best to keep it quiet. a pity really, but the resort is getting bigger and attracting the wrong sorts. glad Billy is ok.x

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 13:37:01 PM »
Anne and Billy, have only just read this.  Hope you're both ok and enjoying the rest of your holiday.

There seemed to be a lot of men hanging around with pushbikes or motorbikes, just sitting on the pavements, between the old dolphin roundabout and Aydin Pide.  We were quite un-nerved (well, I was!) a few times on our recent 5 week holiday.  Walking home one evening, a bike drew up alongside me and my 17 year old daughter, and the guy said "jump on, i give you a lift!"  We just looked at him!  My husband, strolling behind, quickly caught up, and the bloke drove off.  No harm done to us, but women on their own could have felt threatened.

Offline hotlips

• Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2012, 09:09:17 AM »
Not nice at all, glad you're ok. We keep hearing more stories like this and it certainly makes you more aware.

I have been 'egged' while walking along a quite road in Hampshire and I agree it is both frightening and extremely painful.

Offline steve the bike

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2012, 22:37:20 PM »
We have been informed tonight that our house in Calis has been  broken into, it seems strange as we were told that  they normaly do it when people are staying there for easy pickings, cash phones cards
 and cameras, so please be on your guard as this may be the start of a trend.
It looks like nothing was taken, but we have yet to visit and check for ourselves. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf