Author Topic: Breaking News - Prices of alcohol, petrol and tapu's go up from today  (Read 11461 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Breaking News - Prices of alcohol, petrol and tapu's go up from today
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 17:40:18 PM »

Or you can just accept the fact that it is all due to inflation and prices could not stay as low as there were.

A 25% tax increase and you think price rises are all down to inflation? What utter nonsense.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Re: Breaking News - Prices of alcohol, petrol and tapu's go up from today
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 19:36:22 PM »
I think this is one more nail in the coffin so to speak, I can now go to Dubai for 7 days cheaper than I can come to Calis.
I have seen a vast change this year in many things that I once held dear in Turkey, prices going up all the time, staff complaing people not spending enough, where will it end.
Ron     

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 19:53:19 PM »
Sadly you are right Ron, and as is usual with Turkey they won't see anything going, they'll just see when it is gone. Too late of course. We watched the Andy Murray Wimbledon final in a sports bar in Portugal where we sat for hours and because of the pricing policy our bill was less than 20 quid. The pricing policy was beer/red and white wine/soft drinks all one euro.

The same bill in Turkey would surely be around fifty quid once these taxes come in. I don't love it that much, sorry...

Offline Crimsonpoppy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 20:10:16 PM »
This Is very depressing. I really don't know whether to go ahead . It'll make people more desperate and possibly more crime. I hope not. Urbanisation is not a good thing. It makes hard times harder. So many have moved away from farming into tourism and maybe can't or won't go back to it. I have to admit I'm more than a bit nervous

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 22:19:53 PM »
Unfortunately we need to come to Calis for the time being, but are seriously looking at investing elsewere now. Sorry guys but it looks like someone is about to burst your bubble. I can see a massive drop in numbers next year the greedy travel companies are seeing to that, why should it be so expensive ?

Ron   

Offline BM06

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 23:00:10 PM »
Just a thought,  but perhaps the powers that be consider east is prefered to west ? gule gule.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 00:00:51 AM »
We've been considering, although not to seriously, selling our little place in Calis for the past year or two now.
I think perhaps we will now need to look more closely at what is best for us financially and stop allowing our hearts to rule our heads.

Offline Sus

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 04:28:23 AM »
What is that the price of Sus?

It is the price of Beer.

Offline Sus

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 04:54:33 AM »

Or you can just accept the fact that it is all due to inflation and prices could not stay as low as there were.

A 25% tax increase and you think price rises are all down to inflation? What utter nonsense.

So if a can of lager/beer costs 7 TL it will go up by 1.75 which yes it is a high increase at one time, but sod all anyone can do about it, but I would also say What Utter Nonsense to even state Egypt as being cheaper then Turkey as  a holiday destination when the mess Egypt is in at the moment who the hell would even go there.

Offline Sus

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 04:59:53 AM »
I think this is one more nail in the coffin so to speak, I can now go to Dubai for 7 days cheaper than I can come to Calis.
I have seen a vast change this year in many things that I once held dear in Turkey, prices going up all the time, staff complaing people not spending enough, where will it end.
Ron     

Where do you stay in Dubai that is so cheap, there is no way you can compare  Dubai with Turkey, it is like London with the traffic, yes you have nice beaches and shopping malls coming out of your ears, pubs in every hotel, you cannot walk into a supermarket and buy a bottle of wine or a can of beer, hell you cannot even walk down the street holding hands with your girlfriend or boyfriend in-case you  get arrested, if you have had a good drink and get a taxi home you had better watch out that the taxi driver does not drive you to a police station and tell them you are drunk or doing something immoral in the back of his taxi.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf