Author Topic: Royal "Prank Call" Nurse commits Suicide  (Read 3371 times)

Offline angela

Re: Royal "Prank Call" Nurse commits Suicide
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 10:19:35 AM »
What ever the rights and wrongs of all this,  what individual who has any modicum of common sense feels that the issue of an unwell young woman in early pregnancy is a subject of humour, who ever she may be.  Of course those DJ's meant no 'harm' but it was very far from being funny on any level, and now two children are missing their mother, and life will never be the same again. I didn't know the lady concerned but as a fellow professional I can put myself into her shoes very readily, and obviously the shame she felt over letting her patient, her institution, and herself down was a burden to heavy for her to bear. The whole thing is heart breaking.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 11:31:40 AM »
Hands Up first to laugh when the first heard the call, Yep Me, my reaction was "How the hell can anyone in such a position be taken in by a totally "crap" mimic of the queen, mind you Rory Bremner is rubbish and he could have done better. 

So much for security, ask yourself, would you have been taken in? 

The DJ's who got through should be commended for pointing out that the security systems is faulty.  We have mystery shoppers in many walks of life, if you are working and are mystery shopped and caught out on your ineptness and lack of skill in your employment would you go off and top yourself?

Sorry but this has been blown out of proportion just because it is royalty or celebrity status, if it was Daisy Smith on the switchboard in a NHS hospital you would never have heard of the prank.  Noel Edmonds Gotcha, Hector Brocklebank,carry on entertaining the many 1000's who have got a grip on reality.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 11:34:28 AM »
Another point, when a family member was in hospital recently I had to answer so many questions just to establish if they were OK.  just Shows that the royalty should have used the NHS to ensure their security was not breached.
Well Done NHS you are doing a great job.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 12:13:33 PM »
Thanks keith could not have put it better myself with out the long words ,and cheers up
UP YOURS sorry for shouting mr scunner . :o >:(  ;)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 15:16:55 PM »
Yesterday newspaper headlines screamed at me that the two DJ's were on suicide watch and yet today they are giving interviews

Agggghhhhhhhh !!!! :(

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 15:32:19 PM »
I am sorry someone took their life, to take or attempt such action has underlying problems.   
The Actions of the DJ was a prank.
I could probably sit here and type out list after list of pranks, and yes every one of you would have laughed at some.
Candid Camera
Watch out Beadles about
Noel Edmonds Gotcha
You've been framed
and the recent one I have been listening to is Scotland own Hector Brocklebank.   

It was not the problem of the DJ, it is the problem of the Hospital and their staff for letting a call such as this get through, it could have been a News reporter trying to gain information.

Again I refer to my post re hospital NHS  we phoned and had to answer many questions before we had an answer and then over the phone it was very formal and we were there every day. 

If I remember the prank, they pretended to be the queen and she (the person who answered the phone)  put them through to A N Other. what the hell is wrong with this world. 
Don't blame the DJ's it is the Hospital security and Hospital at fault, they want high paying private patients then they should follow the example of NHS.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 15:45:58 PM »
I suppose one of the specific talking points of this "hoax" at the time was how awful the impressions were and this can only add to the humiliation and sense that the nurse didn't deal with it well (in her own view).

Now I wonder what any of us would have done, knowing the Queen's grandaughter in law (?) is in the hospital and someone claiming to be the monarch phones - do we analyse the voice to decide whether it actually is the Queen? Or ask her Queenie questions so she can prove who she is?

She wasn't the person who gave out all the details, but she was the one that fell for a very poor impression and hoax, who's voice was heard in nearly every home in the UK that evening. I'd say that is pretty difficult to deal with if you are just an everyday, decent nurse.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 15:57:19 PM »
So the one that gave out the information, is she still alive, is she being reprimanded for believing such a feeble imitation?  no mention on the news or the paper of her discretion.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 16:12:04 PM »
I'm sure she is still alive Loz.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 16:53:05 PM »
Just watched the interview on Australian tv  ... obviously the couple are in a state of shock , and visibly upset... but also I  thought that some of the body language indicated they were fighting to save their careers...  after all... they are not  just a mr and mrs joe bloggs`  they are ( maybe were now ) highly paid DJ`s ... facing what could be the end of their  careers... I  am not saying they were shedding crocodile tears in the interviews ... but ... ????  judge for yourselves....      also I  think  Highlander  was right, it should not have been shown on aussie tv !!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf